Carp Anglers Group Forums
Buckeye Bob

Kindle users....UK Carping Mags

For anyone interested in reading UK Carp fishing magazines and own a Kindle. There are 5 available in the Kindle App store at less than $5 per copy...can buy past and present copies...can "preview" prior to purchase. I've found Advanced Carp Fishing, Total Carp, CarpWorld, AnglersMail, and Crafty Carper. Sure beats the huge subscription costs for hard copy (mainly due to postage). Apps are free and can order only the just the issue(s) desired. Nice n convenient for times you might like to read one.

I have an IPad, and have digital issues of the following downloaded to it:

Crafty Carper

Carp World

Total Carp

Carp-Talk

Maximum Carp

Advanced Carp Fishing

Carpology

Has made the cold, long, bleak, dreary winter a lot better than it would've been!

You can view them on a computer as well through pocket mags. I just bought an issue of crafty carper.

I have Carpworld and Advanced Carp Fishing for my Galaxy. Next on the list is Carp Talk. Can't recommend Carpworld enough- you'll not find better.

Thanks a lot for these e-zine pointers!

I had subscribed to Advanced Carp Fishing (via Pocketmags) for 2012.

Have to admit that for me, the format was challenging to read (Windows Laptop user) and have about 6 months worth not touched.

I have resubscribed to hard copy Carpworld for 2013 (arm-and-leg, yes) and just received January (they had some distribution issues, apparently).

I'll certainly test drive someof these on Kindle too....

Does anyone else feel that the tactics & bail approaches described for much UK pressured-carp fishing does not translate for them for wildwater US fish? e.g. certainly around here, the obsession with fishmeal based boilies is challenging because of our lovely local bullhead catfish

`

Thanks a lot for these e-zine pointers!

Does anyone else feel that the tactics & bail approaches described for much UK pressured-carp fishing does not translate for them for wildwater US fish? e.g. certainly around here, the obsession with fishmeal based boilies is challenging because of our lovely local bullhead catfish

The UK magazines seem obsessed with articles that feature complicated mixes and various additives that no doubt help sell advertising more than they do in catching carp! They will no doubt work over here but I'm not convinced it needs to be that complicated on either side of the pond.

I've had some success this past Fall with fruit flavored fishmeal boilies. Not too many issues with bullheads and certainly fewer once the carp got on them (which took a bit longer than I expected to be honest).