Carp Anglers Group Forums
Davy

WCB AND K1 BAITS

I recently started buying Boilies and all my bait from WCB and K1 Baits. I really like there protein Grits Boiles I also got some of the pro Hook Bait Boilies From WCB. I fished for a year on my local water with every kind of Boilie Dynamite makes. I feed the swims from Summer to Fall with the Dynamite Boilies I caught 2 fish on there Peach Mango Boilies Gluged. I thought that maybe since they have never seen a Boilie it may take a while for the to accept them as food. The fish were in there and there were a lot of them they just did not want anything to do with a Boilie. So I switched to Pack Bait and sweet corn I caught alot of fish near the end of Summer and into Fall. I would fish a odd Rod with a Boilie but never got any takes. I have used the Boilies from WCB and K1 still have not caught any Carp on a Boilie. After a while it starts to make it your goal to catch one on a Boilie. I have heard a lot of good things about K1 and WCB so maybe this year will be the year I have sucsess with Boilies.

Why continue to try to catch on something that doesn't work? You know what you caught fish on and you're still going to try a boilie that's proven just about non-productive. I feel about boilies the way I do about fancy bass lures, they are made to catch fishermen not fish. I have tried boilies and pre drilled pellets by Dynamite, I've tried boilies from K-1 and I have tried boilies that I made. I never once got a nibble on any of it.

Just because 1 swim doesn't produce any caughtes don't mean every swim is gonna be thesame. There has been some swins that I haven't had any luck on bollies or other baits. Heck there has been days i've been stumped all day with nothing. No bites,hits ect. Doesn't mean there are no fish there jst means they aren't hitting on what ur using. It can very by jst a different flavot. I have been fishing with a buddy using same everything besides flavor and he caught fish and I was stumped. I have caught fish on bollies along with many many carp anglers have. But im sure there are days they don't caught on a bollie. Don't give up with fishing with bollies as 1 of these times u may just caught your PB on a bollie. Bollies been around for years and have been proven affective on caughting many PB's on bollies. So don't give up. Jst saying

Why continue to try to catch on something that doesn't work? You know what you caught fish on and you're still going to try a boilie that's proven just about non-productive. I feel about boilies the way I do about fancy bass lures, they are made to catch fishermen not fish. I have tried boilies and pre drilled pellets by Dynamite, I've tried boilies from K-1 and I have tried boilies that I made. I never once got a nibble on any of it.

I like the challenge after a while it gets old fishing with the same thing.

Just because 1 swim doesn't produce any caughtes don't mean every swim is gonna be thesame. There has been some swins that I haven't had any luck on bollies or other baits. Heck there has been days i've been stumped all day with nothing. No bites,hits ect. Doesn't mean there are no fish there jst means they aren't hitting on what ur using. It can very by jst a different flavot. I have been fishing with a buddy using same everything besides flavor and he caught fish and I was stumped. I have caught fish on bollies along with many many carp anglers have. But im sure there are days they don't caught on a bollie. Don't give up with fishing with bollies as 1 of these times u may just caught your PB on a bollie. Bollies been around for years and have been proven affective on caughting many PB's on bollies. So don't give up. Jst saying

I never said I was giving up on Boilies. That's why I always fish one odd rod with one. I guess my post was misunderstood I was getting at asking about our Vendors Boilies .

I like the challenge after a while it gets old fishing with the same thing.

That's understandable, but catching fish never gets old! ;) I want to make sure no one saw my post as an attack on any company. I was just stating that for example a Scopex boilie in my swim will not get a nudge while a Scopex doughball gets hammered.

I understand I am just the type that is always thinking what if. Nothing ventured nothing gained. The way I see it I know I can catch them on Corn with ease the challenge is to get one on a Boilie. I like a challenge

Depends on the BOILIE....not all boilies are created equal !!

I used to be a hardcore "particle" fisherman...plain sweetcorn, flavored sweetcorn, plain maise , flavored maise..chickpeas...etc. Then I started using POP-UP boilies using my same method mix....and started catching just the same...now I hardly ever fish sweetcorn , maise or chickpeas and all my PB's are on pop-ups.

Do I use boilie bottom baits...NO...do I chum with boilies...NO

I have used all the boilie brands made in the USA....only one I have caught on CONSISTANTLY on all the waters I fish which are CNY Carp Candy's...thats the only reason I have their web site link in my signature...I only promote what I use and catch fish on...I am NOT a pro staff or paid associate of CNY baits....I do it because I believe in the power of these baits.

Now all the other baits I use are from the UK...Only pop-ups I use from Dynamite are a very small select few, the rest of their baits dont produce for me and there are better brands from the UK than Dynamite......I am a true beliver in boilies, but again not all boilies are created equal.....some are hard to beileve that anglers even buy them...I have given away a LOT of boilies over the years, just ask the guys that fish with me...I have wasted $100's of dollars on boilies and have figured out what produces fish and the ones that are crap.

hi tribal , how do you rig these pop ups ? if you can will you post a picture of how your rig looks . thx in advance

Guest THE BIG WORM

Carp don't have hands.....they will eventually put anything in their mouth at least once just to see what it is. A good rig and hook will always play a factor in boillies working....that said it took me 2 years + to finally catch on a boillie. Try putting one on in the spot once you get them going on corn. Or you can dip the boillie in corn juice or even use a corn flavored one I know WCB makes some....I don't know about K-1. You might also need to downsize your bait to a 10 or 12mil if they are taking corn and not boillies.......Size of a bait can play a big factor in certain waters.

Worm, your comment is exactly what I was thinking. Try going as low as a 8mm flavored plastic boilie. You can soak them in any flavor you want. If you can find them, Mistral has a 6mm rosehip.

Thank you for the advice. I do use the smaller baits 10ml the biggest one I have used is a 16ml. I just think they get so keened in on the Corn they don't even bother with the Boilie's. I have used the Sweet Corn Boilie from WCB. I have put a few chopped Boilies in with the Corn I am chumming with one of these days they will start to accept them. It is just were they have never seen one I believe. The Corn they see a lot of due to prebaiting and other people throwing it in after they are done fishing. Sooner or later after putting them in on a regular basis they will get comfortable with eating them.

k–1 has caught me tons of fish over the years.. Can't wait to try the new soluble range.. Rembert if you bait they will come

Trying trimming the baits down. It releases flavors and it doesn't stand out so much being round. I do this almost every time with boilies and it works well.

"It is just were they have never seen one I believe."

Really ? So they always seen sweetcorn or maise then huh ? Neither is a NATURAL food source for carp.

I have used pop-ups on waters that never see a carp angler , let alone a boilie and the baits I use catch right away.....reason why I dont use certain brands of boilies..I want INSTANT attraction , not a bait that I have to dump loads of pounds of them in to win the carp over...to me that is a waste of time and money and believe me there are a ton of these boilies to waste your money on...but for sake of getting a monster nasty thread going, I will refrain from posting names of companys whom I will not buy boilies from ever again (no matter what new and improved version they release). I'm also not baseing my experience of a brand by buying ONE tub of pop-ups, not catch then call them crap...i'm talking dropping an minimum of $100 on their baits (many flavors) , trying them on many waters and put hours on the bank with them in the water...to either blank or catch "other" species not carp.

Rigs ceratinly play a BIG roll in catching carp....but not as much as #1 LOCATION #2 BAIT , I have caught 100's of carp on sweetcorn starigh on the hook..and even 100's of carp during my first years using simple basic hair rigs....there are no need for complicated UK rigs , our fish are stupid and ceratinly not educated like the highly pressured UK waters. Even if your rigs were not working properly , you would still be getting ACTION of some sort on your boilie rods...constant beeps, tugs and even runs where either the hook pulls or something...that will tell you your rigs need work, but if you sit behind motionless rods with no rod action...then its your baits.

I chum boilied maise (unflavored) and fish several method mixes depending on time of year on either in-line feeders from 1/2 oz - 3oz. or open end feeders in snaggy waters....I dont use any pop-ups over 16mm in the warmer months and use as small as 8mm pop-ups in Winter and I use a lot of fake baits both corn and boilies , bright and highly over flavored just like my real pop-ups..my favorite size is 14mm-16mm and have taken lots of carp over 30 lbs. on this set up.

Your boilie rod.....Is it just put out as a single boilie? Or do you have free baits around it?

I fish venues I know that one other person and myself are the only ones fishing boilies here and we fish together and we NEVER pre bait with them and they catch? It might change flavor from time to time or from bottom baits to wafters or to pop ups but we catch fish. I have used several different name brand boilies in the past and even tested for one company for a little while. I will say that I use K1 boilies 95% of the time when im boilie fishing.

Could it be the (most of the time) very large white pile of packbait this boilie is in that cause the fish to take them?

If I had to use 1 bait to catch a carp, sweetcorn would be it, closely followed by bread! Sweetcorn is visual and the carp love it. However, it is not selective for either species or picking out larger carp. Don't get me wrong it will catch the biggest fish, but you are just as likely to catch a bluefgill or a 1lb carp!

Boilies may need some pre-baiting on certain waters, but in my own experience this is rarely the case and I am confident using them straight off the bat. The KEY word here is CONFIDENCE! Having caught a lot of carp on boilies I am 100% confident in their effectiveness. That does not mean I will use them as a stand alone bait, as many times I will use them with particles or method. For instance I may bait up with maize and corn and also add boilies into the mix. The idea is to get the carp to recognize them as an easy meal. One this is achieved they are far, far more effective and come into their own.

Personally, I will use the bait I think will be most effective on the given water. Sometimes this will be freelined bread, sometimes method and corn and at other times a boilie only approach. Why limit yourself to one approach? One final factor with any bait is to try and find an area to fish that the carp feed naturally. If they regularly visit a spot to feed they are much, much more likely to pick up our offerings. If they are just traveling through the area then a visual bait like sweetcorn is probably going to work much better.

From what I have read , seen and experienced over the last number of years. The boilie, for those that really, really , REALLY! want to work hard for their fish. :lol::lol::lol: .

work hard for big fish Lmao if the fish aren't there you ain't catching them...

Try making your own with a simple semolina/soya type recipe, your not having to compete with other anglers by the sounds of it. i say this because when i make my own i know how fresh the ingredients are and i know in my own mind that they are fresh from frozen.

Ive tried various manufactured boilies over the years and never had better results than on home made.

Having said this some places they will take them straight away, some you need to bait up regular to get them working and some places they just arn't interested in them.

K1 has caught me a bunch of fish too. Maybe its your rig and not the boilie?

I just bought the K1 Boiles have not used them that much. I use the Line Aligner Rig. Snowman Rig on KD Rig I use Standard Bottom Bait Rigs I use a Combi Rig but not stripped coating off a real Combi Rig with 15lb IQ and 20lb Super Natural. I use that for Corn.

I was not complaining about not catching them or saying that they did not work. I just said the Fish that I am Fishing for do not prefer Boilies. I like the challenge and if I keep feeding them to them they will accept them sooner or later. I am fishing a water that has never seen a Boilie or has a Carp been Fished for and they have a lot of Natural food. So I am having to work for a bite and I love it.

K-1 boilies in Tutti-Frutti... My favorite store-bought, followed by K-1 Pineapple.

You're not going to believe it, but my "go-to" boilies are homemade balls of Wheaties cereal and Big Red soda, rolled into balls. Let them dry for a few days. When dry, they're so hard you have to drill a 1/16" hole with a drill to put it on a hair. But they last all day without dissolving and Neil can attest that I've caught more carp on them than anything else. I used to hear old-timers talking about Wheaties and Big Red homemade dough bait, so I thought... Why not make boilies out of it?

Make sure though that you leave them to dry several days before bagging them. First time I did it I bagged them the next day and after a couple of weeks, there was stuff growing in the bag that scientists haven't yet identified.

confidence and location. i normaly fish one rod with popup and one with particle. (two rods limit in IL) depending on the water. Some places the fish will take time to get on the boilies while the inhale particles other the opposite. i put alot of faith in watercraft and location when i fish. its easier to find where the fish are and offer them something they will like than it is to try to bait them into a area that they may never visit on their patrols of the lake ( a whole different topic). my best advice is do what you want and dont always rely on the word of others lol