Carp Anglers Group Forums
kentlakecarper

7Th Annual Michigan Gear Swap, Fundraiser, Meet&Greet and Dinner

Hello All,
2013 will mark the 7th annual event hosted by myself and Nikki from our home.

Saturday March 16th starting at 10am

This year from 10-11:30 we will have the meet and greet and any gear swapping that may interest you all. Be sure to bring items for trade or sell.

At 11:30ish we will go over our calendar of events and vote on the final dates and venue locations.

Following the event calendar we will conduct any other order of business such as programs, voting topics and any news of importance in the carp world.

After all orders of business we'll jump right into the Fundraiser raffle. For those of you not aware of how this works it goes like this:

For everyone that is coming, I kindly ask that you bring along a donation for the raffle table. this can be anything used or new that another sportsman may have a use for. i will then conduct the raffle. I'll select an item and announce who it's from and an estimated value, eveyone can then buy tickets for this item at $1 per ticket, no limit. After all ticket sales for that item are done we will selct a winning ticket and then procede to the next item, and so on and on.

We may have a few bigger ticket items where tickets will be a higher dollar amount.

The proceeds we raise from this event will go towards whatever we vote on prior to the raffle. Last year everyone in attendance got a CAG membership, we bought the gold pins to be used as the big fish award at our events, purchased raffle items for events, food/drink for events, items for this event to be raffled off, and the rest we rolled over into savings for the next year.

After the raffle, It's time to chow down. I am usure at this moment if I will be able to do the traditional curry and am leaning towards asking everyone that is able to, to bring something exotic, like fish or wild game. I think that would be awesome. We will of course be able to have some pizza ordered too.

Mark the date and read up on years past. smile.gif Please help me spread the word by calling, emailing, pming, facebooking all the Michigan carpers!!

Started in 2007:
http://www.carpangle...=1

2008 2nd annual event:
http://michigancarp....&t=210&start=15

2009 3rd annual event:

2010 4th annual event:

2011 5th annual event:
results:

2012 6th annual event:

http://www.carpanglersgroup.com/forum/index.php?/topic/46689-6th-annual-michigan-curry-gear-swap-fundraiser-meetgreet/

List of attendees:

1. Andy

2. Nikki

3. Brendan

4. Austin

5. Brian

6. Tom

7. Daniel

8. Bill

9. Tree

10. DruDaddy

11. Mark P.

12. Mark (later in the day)

13. Brandon

14. Munenori

15. Santosh

16. Jeff S.

17. Andrew

18. Guest of Tree

19. Amos

20. Paige

21. Guest of Mark P.

Possibles:

Guest of Daniel

Stan

Ed

Guest of Tom

Please post if you are coming, what items you may be bringing for the raffle and if you will be bringing a dish.

Nikki and I are really looking forward to seeing you all!!!

Tight Lines,

Andy

Awesome I will be there! For the raffle I will be bringing a resistance tackle lightning rod, two daiwa crosscast x reels, a bfs holdall, a wyhwood extremist bite alarm, a wychwood excorsist big pit reel, and a sling. I will probly have a couple more items as well.

C ya guys there!

Awesome I will be there! For the raffle I will be bringing a resistance tackle lightning rod, two daiwa crosscast x reels, a bfs holdall, a wyhwood extremist bite alarm, a wychwood excorsist big pit reel, and a sling. I will probly have a couple more items as well.

C ya guys there!

Wow, your putting all that into the raffle!!??

Be good to see ya again, it's been a while...lol

Yep all in he raffle, after my gear overhaul I have some things left over lol.

Ya its been a long time since I've seen you about a week now isn't it? :P

I might even be able to get cookie monster to come, I'm trying to get him back into carping as well.

I might even be able to get cookie monster to come, I'm trying to get him back into carping as well.

Ha ha, cool! Tell him not to forget his lunch money :)

There is a chance I might be able to make it. Visiting home that week, but will Monday-Friday in Indiana. If I'm coming back to MI friday evening, I'll be there Saturday :)

oh andy you know i cant miss this! i will be there! and so will lil andy im sure! for the raffle i will have a baitbag that i bought used from andy years ago. and some more stuff that i find. as far as food not sure yet but ill get back to you on that!

There is a chance I might be able to make it. Visiting home that week, but will Monday-Friday in Indiana. If I'm coming back to MI friday evening, I'll be there Saturday :)

That would be excellent El Presidente!

oh andy you know i cant miss this! i will be there! and so will lil andy im sure! for the raffle i will have a baitbag that i bought used from andy years ago. and some more stuff that i find. as far as food not sure yet but ill get back to you on that!

Excellent,

Nikki and I are so very happy you got the carp bug again...last year was odd not having ya on the banks. Another year, da Dru Meister year!

i will also be putting lil andy up for raffle. if you can get him to put down his rods for a little bit he makes a pretty good netboy! and the only thing he cooks is romin noodles. but hes still a good netboy!

Got to go check the freezer but im preety sure we should have enough venison steak to bring some over to grill up. Maby even bring some Walleye if you guys are lucky :knifefork::knifefork: but im not sure if we have any left (it goes fast in our house). As for the raffle I will have to take a look in the basement and see what I have.

Will anyone be coming with ya Daniel?

Don't forget the rod :)

I might bring two people with me and maybe my daughter so Maddie will have a friend to play with.

i will also be putting lil andy up for raffle. if you can get him to put down his rods for a little bit he makes a pretty good netboy! and the only thing he cooks is romin noodles. but hes still a good netboy!

Well little Andy have upgraded from romin noodles to chilli dogs and many more.

well thats even better! he will get more bids than!as for the smoker i was kinda waiting on warmer weather. but ill see!

i will bring a couple rods but i dont exactly know what else i am going to bring, i will have to look through my stuff

andy; i'll be there,not sure what i'll be bringing,as i am keeping most of my carping gear,i do have plenty of other fishing tackle though!! b ill w