Carp Anglers Group Forums

Spam

sullypool

Question

I'd like to know why all of a sudden when I go to the forum on the bottom of my screen there ads!!!!!!!!! I wish always changing the site would stop Maybe it's the reason for all the credit card and debit problems of late!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 answers to this question

Errrmmmmm The only ad's we have on the forum is our vendor banner ads, and we've had our Vendor banners on the forum for many years already. That's no new change.

If you see ANYTHING other than our Vendor banner ads on your screen, you've got malware on your computer.

CAG site is more secure than 99% of the computers of the people using this site.

If you need any assistance identifying the malware you've contracted, feel free to email me and I'll give you instructions.

Most Malware is added when people install "free" software on their computers, the rest is added by bad emails.

There are a couple variants that make it look like the ads are on the website you're visiting.

Most of these are harmless but very annoying.

I had this before with other sites in the past. It actually didn't register on my malware program either. Usually if you see an ad it will tell you the name of the ad company in the corner. I simply did a search in my programs and found it was an installed program when I did a download. I simply removed program and all was well.

No Spam/pop up ads on my screen.

LOL...it is a great carp bait too. I used to haul Spam by the truckload out of the main plant in Austin, Mn...great museum and 2 restaurants in town that serve SPAM in many delicious meals.

post-4-0-30189800-1362264850.jpg