Carp Anglers Group Forums

Carping with more than 1 rod in Canada?

Considering carping has got alot more popular in Canada, do you think their will be a chance that we will ever be able to use more than 1 rod, I think are impact on fish is minimal, they can even sell us another license to cover an extra rod.

Does anybody know if this question has ever been asked to the appropriate people.

How often have you been asked for your license. I have never been asked.

• 2 months later...

The MNR are afraid to put this into action. They are not sure how to police it & they think it will be abused or give more advantage to the fish harvest community.

They have dragged on this for 10 years & I think it will be another 10 before they see the dollars in it. Shame but dont hold your breath on this one.

Besides that we still can catch plenty of fish with one rod, or take a partner with you & experiment that way.

Edited by Carpsava

I was recently discussing this with an Officer from the MNR. In a nut shell their view is multiple rods will impact game fish in a negative way. Something they are not willing to risk.

Guest BCLT

I think this is info we have already received - like 2 years ago. Every person who sent them an email, or letter, got the same cut and paste reply. In reality it will hurt the fishery........cause now youl have a bunch of poachers fishing multiple rods, saying they are fishing for carp but instead its a bolt rigged roe bag - we got to get over it or don't be weak and just fish two rods if you really need to.

I think this is info we have already received - like 2 years ago. Every person who sent them an email, or letter, got the same cut and paste reply. In reality it will hurt the fishery........cause now youl have a bunch of poachers fishing multiple rods, saying they are fishing for carp but instead its a bolt rigged roe bag - we got to get over it or don't be weak and just fish two rods if you really need to.

That is illegal here. Since when is it weak to follow the law. The real weakness is cheating.

That is illegal here. Since when is it weak to follow the law. The real weakness is cheating.

The difference between men and boys.

Guest BCLT

Its also illegal to run a stop sign, and so on and so on - these things happen every day, sometimes out of necessity........

Civil disobedience changes laws every day........

fish however you want. fish for yourself and no one else. take pleasure from each fish you catch and those that people around you catch.

if your method isn't affecting others around you, if it isn't affecting the fish (you use proper fish care and return them unharmed) and if it isn't in the rules and you are willing to pay the consequences then who cares?

same should be said for commenting on others fishing. if it doesn't effect you, your fishing or your safety, the fishes safety then why do you actually care?

be-littling others catches, calling them cheats, not a man etc? what's the point? far more important things in the world to worry about than bloody fishing rules.

Guest BCLT

be-littling others catches, calling them cheats, not a man etc? what's the point? far more important things in the world to worry about than bloody fishing rules.

I love the name calling - shows class, education, etiquette...............even better is when you talk to the BOD about the nonsense and they say theres nothing we can do.........we are happy with the CAG dying one member at a time. In the end I suspect there will be three members left!

I love the name calling - shows class, education, etiquette...............even better is when you talk to the BOD about the nonsense and they say theres nothing we can do.........we are happy with the CAG dying one member at a time. In the end I suspect there will be three members left!

You want to check out your last batch of posts. There was more " name calling " in those than on the whole rest of the forum. Also it is the height of hypocrisy to portray poaching as civil disobedience. And that is exactly what someone is doing by fishing illegally. I had thought I have heard it all before but this takes the cake. .