Carp Anglers Group Forums

Hi to you Ohio chaps ...

never knew your winters lasted soooo long and certainly i didnt read the small print when I married an

Ohio girl in Italy during the summer last year .

I have been retaining my sanity during the last month or so buying carp kit and hoping for warmer weather .

It hasnt really happened yet so have been searching out local lakes like Alum Creek , Hoover dam ... both

of which would take an eternity to research ............sooo thought rather than sit for ages hoping one of you

kind chaps might give me a clue as to where the delightful large carp are and over a pint or two maybe discuss

tactics ..... or just get rat faced .... Anyway anyone up for it ???

Thanks for reading and great to find a fraternity of anglers who love the fish they stalk sufficiently to say hi to them , stroke

their bellies and slide them back to reacquaint yourselves 2lbs later ...... so many seem to have a fixation for predetary

fish to kill when caught ..........

Thanks for your time

Regards Graham

Glad to have you Graham , normally our Winters don't last this long...and at this rate I'm wondering is Summer is ever going to come this year?

You will find lots of us fish Central Ohio and can help you in many ways as to where to go to chase the big girls........any friend of Willem is a friend of ours.

Hey Graham,

I live here in Westerville and fish Alum quite frequently. I plan to fish Hoover as well when the water warms up as I have never fished it before. I spent the fall scouting out some areas I believe would have potential in the Spring. Wouldn't mind meeting up sometime on either water. I will keep in touch.

-Vince

Hey Graham

Welcome to Ohio.

Alum Creek can be a cruel mistress, but like Vince i know a few places. We really need the weather to get above 40 degrees at night, then we will be in business. I live only a couple of miles down the road from the lake, and am on it most weekends so if you want to pm me feel free.

Where are you from in the UK?

Phill

By the way would you like to talk about Rugby as well..........hee, hee---- us Welsh don't get much to shout about.

Welcome to the forum you have a good ohio crew in here

Great to see you here!!! Can't really add much more about Central Ohio that hasn't already been said but will definately contact you any time I time I'm heading your way. BTW...we have a Fish In coming up 19-21 Apr up at East Harbor State Park, be great if you could join us. Sent you a PM with a link to a map of Alum and my phone number....give me a shout and would be glad to point out a few places. As Vince has stated I also plan on giving Hoover a go a few times this year. Welcome once again...I'm sure Craig and Dave will be glad to know another UK angler is in our midst. All the best, see you on the bank.

Welcome to the club and the forum, your in great hands in Ohio!

I'm North of you up in Michigan, we have quite a few events not too far from the border this year, if ever interested in venturing north, just give any of the Michigan folk a shout.

Tight lines,

Andy

Welcome to the group! The Ohio guys will sort you or for sure, great group of guys. Hope to hear some good stuffs from you soon... Yes the winter had been going on way to long this year but the water is slowly warming up warming and spawn will be here before we know it!

Tight lines,

Zach

Welcome to the Ohio crew... There are plenty of carping to be had on Alum... Just have to be willing to put in a lot of time(and bait) in there...

Good luck... :)

Heh you guys,

Thanks so much with you welcoming ... good to hear from you all ...

The Ohio Crew in particular ... maybe one day soon some of you might want to meet up

for a pint somewhere and just chat over fishing places , tactics or the glorious Buckeyes ...

There's a pub here called DVT's ( Dublin Village Tavern) central Dublin , an Irish Pub with Guiness etc

or you say where... just might be fun ... what do ya say ?? Lunchtime or an evening , doesnt

matter ...

Thanks for reading

Graham

Welcome Graham, nice to have another Brit along.

I'm in Marysville and drive by Dublin everyday. I'll have to take you up on the beer sometime. I'm familiar with Brazenhead and the Rusty Bucket but have never been to the DVT.

No shortage of places to carp fish around central Ohio and there are a few biggies out there too.

Craig

Sounds like we are perfectly placed for a Britclub here in Central Ohio, Dublin, Marysville, Delaware.. we are practically neighbours

We should get together for afternoon tea, and a nice cucumber sandwich. On the other hand we could drink lots of beer, and watch proper football, you know the game where they kick a ball with their feet..... :party0012icon:

Seriously though count me in if you guys want to meet up. I'll even get the first round.