Carp Anglers Group Forums

Found Gold Flakes!

Guest RebelCarp

Guest RebelCarp

Fished the same lake with Jim(Skammer) and ended up having a great day! Ended up with 7 fish and missed 2. Fish were 7lbs and under but I'll take the action over any day that I had this whole year so far. Jim caught his first carp of the year and I caught my smallest carp ever with it being around 3lbs. Carp were awesome today with red stripes on the bottom of their fins.

Lets see what tomorrow brings!

post-6721-0-30900800-1364428565_thumb.jp

post-6721-0-77114400-1364428624_thumb.jp

post-6721-0-04663800-1364428684_thumb.jp

post-6721-0-38145600-1364428736_thumb.jp

post-6721-0-37332700-1364428756_thumb.jp

I went to the lake yesterday not to fish but just to keep Adam company & to see if the carp were getting active here yet. When he got the first run he told me to get it but I told him I didn't want to because it was his rods & he deserved to catch the fish. He told me that if I didn't pick up the rod he was going to beat me up & I didn't want to get beat up so grabbed to rod & caught the fish! :bigsmile: Thanks Adam.

Surprisingly the fish were all in about 3 or 4 ft of water & their mud trails were visible. I didn't think they would be feeding shallow because the morning temp here was 24 degrees. The day was mostly cold, windy & with some snow, rain & sleet showers. When the sun would appear for a while, the Delks would get active.

It was good to finally get the first gold of the year & have to thank Adam for letting me share.

Great catches guys! Hopefully my side of the state will have some open water soon.

Come to Texas! Here, even in the dead of winter, you'd have a hard time finding a lake that did had ice on it. We fish pretty much year-round!