Carp Anglers Group Forums
Willem (JD)

2013 CAG Big 4 - Rules & Info

2012 CAG Big 4 How-To Guide

An online contest for anglers across North America from May 1-31
Combined weight of biggest four fish wins

You must register before you can participate in this event.

Welcome Big 4 Competitors!
Here you should find answers to any questions you might have about submitting fish in this event. If there is anything you don't understand, just follow up here with a post and I'll help you out!

Rules

Registration is open until Midnight Sunday, May 1

Must be a CAG Member to participate
Cost: $10.00-

Only Common Carp, Cyprinus Carpio, Count
Anglers can fish any combination of legal waters anywhere in North America
Anglers must register and manage their own catches and photos in our online leader board -Instructions will be emailed after registration
Any number of fish can be added, but only top four count

Submissions must include 1 photo-
-a trophy photo of the fish with angler, the scale used and a printed Big Four Logo shown below
All submissions must be made by June 2
Fish must be caught on rod using legal methods and be released safely
Live leader board will be displayed on the home page for the month of May along with links to any prize sponsors
Corresponding stories in the forum are encouraged and will be linked to the leader board
Catches logged at any other event will count, but all event requirements above must still be fulfilled

FISH SUBMISSIONS
I was hoping to complete the upgrade of our Live Leaderboard before the event, but extreme work travel prevented that.
I will do what I’ve done with all other events and do it manually.
Until further notice, please send all you entries to:

2013@CAGBIG4.COM and to BIG4@JOINCAG.COM

Both e-mails to make sure I get it in case one goes to spam.

I will reply to each e-mail once it's posted so that you can verify the information.

Make sure to include your image of your fish.
The Weight of the fish in LB & OZ (Not decimals) When your fish weight is 18lb 8oz and you send me 18.5, I will assume it’s 18lb 5oz.
I will update the leaderboard ONCE a day, at night. (More if I’m not on the road)
If you have ANY questions please post your questions in the 2013 Big 4 Questions Section on the forum.

The Logo

The 2013 Big 4 Logo will be attached for download below as PNG and PDF on April 30.

You are required to submit 1 photo of each fish you catch along with it's weight. This photo MUST show the angler holding the fish, a printed 2011 Big 4 logo, and your scale.

Remember, the star of these photos is you with your fish. Your photo may end up in a magazine! The logo and scale just need to be there somewhere to prove you have them. They can be anywhere in the photo as long as they are identifiable. The best way to manage this is to tape the logo to your scale:
scale.jpg

ex3.jpg

The Big 4 Logo is only 3.75 x 2.75." This is the size of many state/provincial fishing and hunting licenses. You can Also put your logo in a standard license holder from any tackle shop, and pin it on your clothes, or even your unhooking mat.

logolicense.jpg license.jpg

ex1.jpg

Just try not to put the logo in your mouth, that's not going to look good in a magazine!

Does it have to be a real carp to count or can we use grass carps and suckers too?

Does it have to be a real carp to count or can we use grass carps and suckers too?

Only Common Carp, Cyprinus Carpio, Count

I just asked that woman at the Georgia Department of Fish and Agricultural Practices if suckers and grass carps are the same as a common carp and she said all carps are common and that a carp is a carp and that a sucker is almost a carp. She has a badge and a picture of a man with a beard so she knows.

In 2012, Louis presented prizes for the following: Big 4 (First), Big 4 (Second), Big 4 (Third), Big Fish, Big Mirror, First Fish, Overall Total Weight, and ten raffle prizes. Will that be in place this year? Thanks.

In 2012, Louis presented prizes for the following: Big 4 (First), Big 4 (Second), Big 4 (Third), Big Fish, Big Mirror, First Fish, Overall Total Weight, and ten raffle prizes. Will that be in place this year? Thanks.

Brad will make the prize announcements later. Still waiting on some feedback for sponsors.

For the first time in a while and with a damaged rt hand. My hat is in the ring. good luck all! later

The prizes are determined by our sponsors. I will make an announcement as more come in.

I myself added the overall total weight and total fish due to prizes we had committed. I will not make promises on here for them that I guarantee, so we shall wait and see.

I just asked that woman at the Georgia Department of Fish and Agricultural Practices if suckers and grass carps are the same as a common carp and she said all carps are common and that a carp is a carp and that a sucker is almost a carp. She has a badge and a picture of a man with a beard so she knows.

Well that is as official as it comes. :party0012icon:

Good Luck everyone! Let's hope for another great spring season!

Good luck to you as well, defending champ.

Guest RebelCarp

Im only reading you with the fish, big 4 photo and the scale you used in your photos. that's its right? No scale shot of actual weight?

post-6721-0-25647600-1366246912_thumb.jp

I don't think a scale shot is necessary. The fish would have to be out of the water longer for the shot, it would be a pain to get the shot if you are by yourself without a tripod, and it doesn't prove anything...you could go home and put some dumbbells in your weigh sling and take the shot in your backyard and it would look just like the pic you posted.

No scale shot required. Just angler, scale, logo, fish as described.

Parksy, you should get your little hockey player to join in on the fun. :lol:

Good Luck to everyone, can't wait to see the pics. :yes:

• Let me make sure I understand the rules....Alright, so once May 1 gets here:

1. We catch the carp

2. We have someone take a picture folding the carp, the scale, and the Big 4 label.

3. Does the big 4 label have to be on the fish when we take the picture?

4. Do you have to be able to read the weight on the scale or just see the scale in the picture?

5. If fishing alone, how do you take a picture of yourself holding the fishing while it is on the scale with the label on the fish?

6. If I understand this, you can send in as many pics as you want and the 4 biggest fish at the end of the month are the ones that count; is this right?

7. Finally if we tape the big 4 label to the scale how can we/you read the weight on the scale?

We do not need to have the weight on the scale for this contest.

Picture needs the angler presenting the fish, the logo and the scale in the picture.

You can upload as many as you want, just do not duplicate the same fish. You can upload 2 pictures of the same if you want, but be sure to list the weight as 0 for the second picture so it will not count twice.