Carp Anglers Group Forums

Getting ready!

(TN) Cannonball

The last couple of weeks have been hectic as I'm getting the house ready for new carpet. Painting, removing the old carpet, shuffling furniture around the house, etc. have taken all my time. Missed opening day of turkey season but still time left. Spring is when a guy's thoughts turn to..................CARP! What else is there? I noticed that TVA is raising the lake levels which means carp will be moving into the shallows to spawn. Also, dry areas are now places that are easy to access for carp. Have to take inventory and get my stuff ready to bait a couple of swims close to home. Also, want to make contact with other CAGers here in east TN. So much water, so little time!

Hey Skeet.......I spent 3 yrs down at Ft Campbell with the 101st Airborne Division from 58 to 61 & did a lot of fishing at Kentucky Lake. I never fished for carp but but back in the slews I saw carp that had to be well over 40 lbs. That lake possibly could hold a world record. If you ever get to fish it, I think you would do well.