Carp Anglers Group Forums

New PB's, No Pants Run & Lost Rod ---?

Brid

They say those that really try get great rewards, and sure enough that sometimes comes to fruition. This weekend, I joined a few hardy Carpers/Buffer friends for a pretty memorable couple of days on a large piece of water here in Texas that has recently put out some rather large specimens. The plan was pretty well thought out, but the plot really didn't take off as quickly as we all hoped, and after the first male common caught started milting on the mat, it might have all been a lost cause. However - we were firmly entrenched for a couple of days --- and not taking NO for an answer -- we kept on plugging away. A lot of bait went in over the first 30 or so hours - for little return --- THEN, it all started coming together!!

I'm still collating pics and stats - before writing a full tale, however as a teaser -- big 4 Carp from us all totaled exactly 134lbs.

Here's a pic to keep the ball rolling

post-3041-0-95061800-1365998726_thumb.jp

More tomorrow - as I need some rest.

Stay tuned,

Brid.

You have my attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOPPY4

They say those that really try get great rewards, and sure enough that sometimes comes to fruition. This weekend, I joined a few hardy Carpers/Buffer friends for a pretty memorable couple of days on a large piece of water here in Texas that has recently put out some rather large specimens. The plan was pretty well thought out, but the plot really didn't take off as quickly as we all hoped, and after the first male common caught started milting on the mat, it might have all been a lost cause. However - we were firmly entrenched for a couple of days --- and not taking NO for an answer -- we kept on plugging away. A lot of bait went in over the first 30 or so hours - for little return --- THEN, it all started coming together!!

I'm still collating pics and stats - before writing a full tale, however as a teaser -- big 4 Carp from us all totaled exactly 134lbs.

Here's a pic to keep the ball rolling

attachicon.gifLF Jon.jpg

More tomorrow - as I need some rest.

Stay tuned,

Brid.

Well, after a bit of rest - I'm still tired!! Here's a bit more of the session for you though. The water has some huge Buffs, and as they eat an awful lot, hence the large quantities of bait going in - around 200lbs over the session. We still were unsure whether the Carp were heavily in spawning mode so - all the bait was a somewhat educated guess. All had been quiet for what seemed like far too long, when I latched into this beauty - still full of spawn

post-3041-0-67633500-1366049781_thumb.jp

Note my snazzy pants, which are a good luck talisman for me! I'd been bitten by a skeeter in my right eye and was having trouble focusing -- especially as I was woken up by the run!!

Less than 1/2 hour later I was into another lump

post-3041-0-66676600-1366050061_thumb.jp

After those 2 fish, it was clear they had moved into the swim and they were boshing all over -- pretty exciting!

The next several hours were pretty crazy, with fish coming pretty regularly, in varying sizes. Austin was the only recipient of a Buff though, with this healthy specimen

post-3041-0-49921100-1366050348_thumb.jp

A while later, Jon was playing a nice fish - when one of his other rods screamed off! Austin took that one whilst Josef was netting the first. A nice 30+ for Jon ---- and a PB smasher for Austin, by around 6lbs - Congrats all round!!

post-3041-0-57600700-1366050591_thumb.jp

post-3041-0-35873700-1366050656_thumb.jp

As they were unhooking the fish - Jon's 3rd rod took off, talk about crazy - WOW!!post-3041-0-87560200-1366050792_thumb.jp

Josef was fishing what I called the "Russian Roulette" part of the swim, right in standing timber -- and had some 'mixed' emotions!! Best though was him also breaking his PB - more CONGRATS!

post-3041-0-43578300-1366050986_thumb.jp

Some time after that, a rod he had set up on bank sticks (with loose drag!) miraculously completely disappeared - without a sound. Nobody heard or saw a thing - it just vanished?

Ah well, he had a few other great catches

post-3041-0-63568800-1366051220_thumb.jp

As the sun rose on the final morning, my rods had been quiet for a couple of hours so I decided it was time to change my 'snazz pants' for shorts -- and sure enough, I had just got my pants off when one of my rods screamed off!! Austin was 'fleet of foot' with his 'drive by' and grabbed it! Good for another laugh for all!

A very fine weekend for us all, with shared food - steaks, burgers, bacon & eggs -- and great bankside comaraderie.

Final tally on the biggies was 6 over 30, 10 in the 20's and a few mid teeners. Not a bad session in the grand scheme of things!!

Tight Lines,

Brid.

Thanks guys - it really was quite the epic -- once the fish arrived. Main thing that makes a session like this so rewarding is that everything is shared and all concerned are trying to keep morale high - even in the slow times. You make an educated guess - then (sort of!!) stick to the plan. Here are a few more pics. A nice double for Josef & Austin

post-3041-0-96249800-1366072729_thumb.jp

Gotta have a camp

post-3041-0-00090100-1366072801_thumb.jp

Another angle on my biggest for the session

post-3041-0-49985000-1366072879_thumb.jp

And finally, a nice 'tarty' pic of Jon's set up

post-3041-0-39605600-1366072981_thumb.jp

Well - not quite final!! One of the coolest moments was Jo smiling brightly - and muttering "Hurry up guys, my butt is wet" - yet never changed his pose -- a Classic!!

post-3041-0-06426400-1366073357_thumb.jp

We'll all remember this session -- until the next 'monster' happens~~

Stay tuned and tight lines. Thanks for looking in,

Brid.