Carp Anglers Group Forums

How to start off the season?

Hey guys,

I'm hoping if some of you could help chime in on how I should start of the season. I'm going to have some spare time next week (maybe more) and with the forecast looking pretty good, I'm thinking about heading out to the islands to start off the fun. Has anyone been out there yet? The last time I was out on the islands I remember there wasn't quite a goby presence in comparison to other trips, but this was about 3 years ago. With that aside I'm also thinking about going to dead duck swim due to the lack of a car at the moment. Any opinions about this swim at this time of the year?

I'm not too picky about the size of the fish, just want to have some fun and dust off the fishing gear. There's one whip that I haven't ever used and have been wanting to try it out but I also have my Shimano Convergence if needed. Feel free to post any suggestions or message me privately.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

where is the dead duck swim? private message me if preferred

if you have no car, where are you travelling from - lmk as I may be able to suggest somewhere

I would love to head out to the islands soon - we had a great trip out there last year (no fish) but I'd like to head out there again for the day at some point.

the fish seem to have moved into the edge along the waterfront in toronto so good luck.

where is the dead duck swim? private message me if preferred

if you have no car, where are you travelling from - lmk as I may be able to suggest somewhere

I would love to head out to the islands soon - we had a great trip out there last year (no fish) but I'd like to head out there again for the day at some point.

the fish seem to have moved into the edge along the waterfront in toronto so good luck.

I'm in Thornhill.

There's definitely a lot less big trees on the banks, either they were cut down due to diseases or were damaged by storms. I remeber that a lot of these big trees offered a lot of nooks for fish to hide into. But like you I caught nothing.