Carp Anglers Group Forums
saxmatt

Big 4 Warmup, ALMOST broke 40

I haven't been fishing for carp that much this year, mostly because I'm into ice fishing for pike and muskie and there was safe ice in CT into April. With the spring bite turning on now that we finally have some warm weather and the Big 4 tourney coming up I decided to dust off the gear and start carping. I baited up yesterday and did a little fishing, nothing big but I caught a few. Today I fished for 6 hours in the afternoon and landed 15 carp, 2 cats. I just started getting into puff fishing last year and haven't tried it much on my home water. One of my goals for this year was to get my first puff 30, now I can scratch that one off the list. I landed my 3rd biggest carp ever at 38lbs 14oz...ON THE PUFF! I caught 4 others on the puff and the rest were on oat balls, both fished with an oat pack. Hopefully the big one today will eat a pound and a half of my bait and I'll catch her again next week :D

575586_10101210580044771_198875965_n.jpg

Thanks guys!

Thats a beautifull fish, even got it with the dorsal up!

Not bad considering I was by myself and only took 1 timed photo.

Santosh- loosen your drags.

Thanks guys!

Not bad considering I was by myself and only took 1 timed photo.

Santosh- loosen your drags.

Ive often wondered if some people had some trick to get them doing that !, i just consider it lucky when they oblige .

Those fat females tend to stick their dorsal fin up when you put your hand right next to the anal fin. I made the same face and my backhair stood up last time I went to the doctor and he examined me.

Guest RebelCarp

NICE FISH!

I'm not fishing my hot spots until may 1st just because of that reason.

Those fat females tend to stick their dorsal fin up when you put your hand right next to the anal fin. I made the same face and my backhair stood up last time I went to the doctor and he examined me.

Pure classic LMAOF

Got a 30 2 days in a row! This one ate an oat ball and took off like a freight train. It peeled about 80 yards of line out straight up the bank then shot right to the opposite shoreline. It took me about 15 minutes to land it, the thing was a horse. Just a little 30, weighed 30lbs 7oz.

936212_10101211862694331_1526407176_n.jp