Carp Anglers Group Forums

My First Canadian Mirror !

So finally after 3 years of Carp fishing here in Southern Ontario a Mirror Carp hits my net
Spent yesterday down at my Local creek and all thanks to my Wife as i was going to fish at the Canard River instead as its nearer her work
but she said why don't i just drive back for the day to our local creek and what a good call that turned out to be.

After 6 hours and only 2 runs but no pick ups i was just thinking of changing down to my stalking Rod and have a mooch along the Margin's
when my reel went screaming off , when the fish first come up and i saw it was a Mirror the adrenalin really kicked in " Must not loose this one must not loose the one " oh and what a beauty it turned out to be for my first Mirror here in Ontario . And what a buzz it was to land such a nice fish
certainly put a huge big smile on this face and i was still shaking for some time after aaaaaaaaaaaa this why you angling brilliant !!!.

It was caught using a inline lead with a pack bait of Crushed Corn , Bread Flake and Crushed Dog Kibble and a hook bait of Strawberry Monster maze. with a size 6 hook .

Later that evening 3 other fish also hit the net a 14 and 15 Lbs common and a smaller fish of around 7 or 8 pound so all in all what a good call by the wife to head on back to our local creek Get IN !!.

photos ?...........................

oh ok .............................

947133_10152815297310290_1349510062_n.jp

22 lbs Mirror my first Canadian Mirror get in !!.

408462_10152815295925290_852701746_n.jpg

321407_10152815297590290_169672215_n.jpg

The swim.

969088_10152818164890290_1518182643_n.jp

3rd fish of the evening 15 Lbs .

945377_10152818165240290_590246235_n.jpg

Last fish off the session ........... what a good day !!!

181276_10152818165595290_1557383381_n.jp

Sunset and soon time to go home .................. lovely ........................................... to the next time .................

That's a gorgeous mirror! Congratulations and I enjoyed the sunset shot as well.

Hey Brian well its part thanks to you. as i have been watching your pack Bait videos . which helped a lot created my own version of the crushed corn pack bait and seem to be working a treat !!! . i like your Videos a lot very informative ive learnt a lot so cheers .

That's awesome! I am glad my videos were able to help you create a bait that worked to catch that great mirror. As always I will be adding more as time goes on.

What excitment! That was some session Hawkwise! How you gonna top that one. lol

That's truly a big, beautiful Mirror. I'm still awaiting my first and I hope it's half a glorious as that one.

Nice report and terrific picutres of your fish and scenery, as well!

Nice one mate, stonking looking mirror...............

Did you ever get sorted out with a float rod? I have found a UK site that may be interesting to you. I am going to order from them in a month or two (Birthday treat) lol

Nice one mate, stonking looking mirror...............

Did you ever get sorted out with a float rod? I have found a UK site that may be interesting to you. I am going to order from them in a month or two (Birthday treat) lol

Yeah kinda sort off but not lol , i went for something i can use as a bit of an all rounder i picked up Wychwood Extricator, just happen to be In London Ontario and came across a nice tackle store picked a few ods and ends and the Wychwood at not to bad a price no postage . so yeah sorted . but still would like a nice float Rod but all my angling budget used up now to next year , unless win the lottery haha.