Carp Anglers Group Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hammercarp

Absolutely Shocking

I was out today before work and watched a crew from the Canada Centre for Inland Waters electrofishing.

post-2981-0-26012900-1369276231.jpg

You can just see here that they have a fish in the net. A carp I believe. It was immediately released.

post-2981-0-83638800-1369276232.jpg

great sign....means your fishery is being studied and managed.

I believe they will be tagging some selected species in the Hamilton area...similar tracking study as Toronto. This will be on a small scale this year and if Toronto's Study reaps positive results then Hamilton's study will be ramped up. Urban angling is being studied to be properly marketed to help offset the dwindling number of fishing licenses being purchased due to the bubble of anglers over 65 who do not need to purchase a license anymore. Marketing to urban anglers was a topic we discussed in depth 3 weeks ago as an alternative to charging seniors a discounted license which we explained would have a very negative effect. Who takes the kids fishing? Grandma and Grandpa...that's who. I owe my Grandparents so much for introducing me to fishing...among other things.

Maryland DNR Fisheries electroshock boat is based just south of Town here in Centreville (Wye Mills) and i often follow them in my daily commute across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. Awesome technology and they have some great stories from on the water re carp.