Carp Anglers Group Forums
carpinken

A good thing comes from bad luck

Hello All , The month of May brought on the worst bad luck streak I have ever encountered . Normally for the end of may my fish tally is well over 100 fish . Instead I have had 3 this May . ( big change in the river from superstorm Sandy) . Times were rough , struggling for a few dinks here and there , the Mighty Hudson was hesitant to give up her gold .

For the past years I have taken for granite the teens and 20's given to me by the Hudson . It was just known in May the Hudson was a safe bet for 20's and teens . It left me spoiled and it was just expected that there was always fish to be had .

Well after my roughest month on record I finally had a decent session today . Fished two hours and had eight fish up to 20lbs 4 ozs Most were low teens but fish are fish . I haven't been this excited to catch a low 20 in ten years now . I couldn't wait to come home and download the photo .

So in conclusion it took many sessions of blanking hard to make me find a new appreciation for what I have here in my back yard . I hope you enjoyed the read . Sometimes good things come from bad luck .

The little guy

post-571-0-67037100-1370205023_thumb.jpg

The big fellow

post-571-0-68582000-1370205046_thumb.jpg

Kinda renews my confidence after three straight blanks. Good read man. Those fish are both colorful and beautiful bro. I'd be stoked for sure.

The rivers alive :toot: , Now That you got the rust out they will get bigger.

Hi Ken,

NIce! Hope you can find many more like that in the coming summer months bro! Good Luck...

Congrats on some great looking fish!!

I tried hard this morning too but skunked, it was one of those, "the guy next to me was catchin' what's wrong in my swim? Me?" :lol:

Well done to you again! B) VBN stained fingers? :D

Cheers,

Wayne

Guest RebelCarp

The more skunks in the row the more want to get rid of it.

Good job for sticking it out. Now things will balance out for yea and hopefully crack a new pb next trip!

Kinda renews my confidence after three straight blanks. Good read man. Those fish are both colorful and beautiful bro. I'd be stoked for sure.

Keep at it , this May was my most trying ever , but , it payed in the end .

Hi Ken,

NIce! Hope you can find many more like that in the coming summer months bro! Good Luck...

Congrats on some great looking fish!!

I tried hard this morning too but skunked, it was one of those, "the guy next to me was catchin' what's wrong in my swim? Me?" :lol:

Well done to you again! B) VBN stained fingers? :D

Cheers,

Wayne

No VBN Wayne, THINK carp baits pineapple oats wetter , Blanking is rough but it does build appreciation .

To , Brian , rebel and robm Thanks for the kind replies .

you've neglected to mention that most of your month was spent on a notoriously-stingy water.

regardless, it's refreshing to see you smiling behind the mat again! B)

Thanks Brian and Marius . , it is good to be back in the fish !!!

Dry spells are great!

When they end, cograts Ken

:bigsmile: To pawel thanks I share the pain ,