Carp Anglers Group Forums
Brad

2013 CAG May Big 4 Finale!

A huge thanks to all our sponsors who make this possible, and to Willem for all his work updating the scoreboard.

big4logo-email2011.png

Please thank and support our sponsors!!!
k1sponsor.gif bctsponsor.gifwcbsponsor.gifOneOn.png

5e08c43f6539b04849433a7157821634_f390.jpbfef02a36763932599c6fc76500ed6d4_f391.jpNewCagLogo_sml.pngaca.png

482373_366603100122362_2032531017_n.jpgFish_Bandit_Logo_small.jpg

This year we had 49 anglers compete and between them 380 fish logged, totaling 5,293lbs 13oz.  Of these fish, 3 were over 40lbs (2 of those being mirrors), 32 fish over 30lbs and 52 fish over 20lbs.  A tremendous result to be sure, a total of 13 more 30lb fish than last year.

A huge thanks to everyone that participated in the event this year and support the club.

Without further ado:

1st Place Big 4

Adam Cieplik

Here he is pictured holding his biggest fish of the event, and overall PB weighing 40lbs 6oz

post-1552-0-68063000-1370571822_thumb.jp

Adam took first place with his big 4 totaling 139lbs 2oz.

For his accomplishment Adam will receive:

1st Place Big 4
$50 World Classic Baits Online Gift Certificate
$25 CNY Carp Candy Online Gift Certificate
12 Month CAG membership extension
1 spool FINS situational braid
15% K-1 Baits purchase
Headlamp

Guided trip for 2 from Austin Carp Angler on Ladybird Lake

Shirt from Skip Bandini at Fish Bandid Clothing

2nd Place Big 4

Steven Braddy

Here is Steven holding a beautiful 33lb 6oz mirror.  Steven was our defending Big 4 Champ and almost made it back again.

post-1552-0-82129800-1370572205.jpg

Steven finished in 2nd with his Big 4 coming in at 134lbs 8oz.

For this fantastic finish Steven will receive:

2nd Place Big 4
$25 K-1 Online Gift Certificate
Headlamp

3rd Place Big 4

Brian Daugherty

Brian edged out Brian Wingard by just 3oz.  Here is picture of Brian with his biggest fish, and I believe a lake record, weighing in at 37lbs 8oz.

post-1552-0-51215700-1370572822_thumb.jp

Brian finished with a big 4 weight of 132lbs 2oz.

For this he will receive:

3rd Place Big 4

That wraps up the winners for Big 4.  Now for Big Mirror, Big Fish, First Fish, and most fish logged/total weight logged.

Big Mirror AND Big Fish

Tom Bieback

This year one winner took both of these.  I certainly thought I had big mirror at 40lbs, but before my net had dried, Tom had an absolutely fabulous 48lb 1oz mirror pictured below:

post-1552-0-71227100-1370573413_thumb.jp

Well done on taking Big Fish and Big Mirror at the same time!

For this achievement Tom will receive:

Big Fish Award
One On Baits package
$25 K-1 Online Gift Certificate
CAG Tape Measure
Eagle Claw Carp Hooks

Big Mirror Award
15% off K-1 Baits purchase
CAG Tape Measure
Eagle Claw Carp hooks

First Fish Award (Frank Rink Award?)

Frank Rink

I should give serious thought to renaming the first fish award after Frank.  He is always out there as soon as is allowed, and logging before the morning.  That is enthusiasm and determination.  Congrats Frank!

post-1552-0-29699500-1370574092_thumb.jp

For burning the midnight oil, Frank will receive:

First Fish
Headlamp (Will be of use when he goes to defend his title next year)
CAG Tape Measure
Eagle Claw Carp Hooks

Last year I added 2 new categories so that some that may not be able to find big fish can have a good shot at a prize.  The only caveat here is the same person cannot win both since the goal is to let more people win.

Highest Total Weight

Matt Janiszewski

Last years big fish winner had a new goal this year, see how much Willem can process.  Matt finished with 156 fish logged totaling 2,106lbs 9oz.

Here is the first fish Matt logged.  I am certain Willem knew that it would be the first of many:

post-1552-0-60621800-1370574365_thumb.jp

Highest Weight Logged
CAG Tape Measure
Eagle Claw Carp hooks

Most Fish Logged (most total weight winner excluded)

Frank Rink

Not only did Frank catch the first fish, he went on to log a total of 131 fish weighing in at 1,095lbs 8oz.  He was certainly giving Matt no breaks while he pushed to catch up.

post-1552-0-33368600-1370574615_thumb.jp

Most Fish Logged
CAG Tape Measure
Eagle Claw Carp hooks

Final prize is the Carp of the Month prize sponsored by Big Carp Tackle and was won by a Big 4 participant.

Winner of Carp of the Month:

Austin Pass

While lake records fell and 40s were weighed, Austins fish shows that weight isn't the only criteria.  Austin won with this stunning koi that he submitted.  I am not sure anyone can argue against this decision.  Well done Austin! 

post-1552-0-19795500-1370574896.jpg

Austin wins $100 voucher for Korda Tackle, courtesy of BC Tackle and a free 1 years subscription to CAG (courtesy of CAG)

A huge thanks to everyone for participating in this yearly event and the sponsors and Willem for making it possible.  I know many cannot make it to other events that require a physical presence so this is a great chance to compete.  I am always amazed at the fish that show up during the month of May.  Also, thanks for sticking with us after some bumps in the road for last years event.  It is greatly appreciated and I am already looking forward to next years Big 4.  Hope I will see some of this contests participants getting out for Take A Kid Carping MONTH that runs for all of June and of course the CCC and Discovery Month that will be here before we know it.

Sincerely,

Brad Thomas

**K-1 15% off prizes are not in addition to the CAG discount and cannot be combined.

Also, if you would like to put a story about your May Big 4 or have pictures in the next Online NACA get in touch with Mario.

Also, if you would like to put a story about your May Big 4 or have pictures in the next Online NACA get in touch with Mario.

Congratulations to everyone! I had a fun time competing in this!

Had a fantastic time competing in this event, just glad I was able to do my best! Fished very hard this May, now I just want to sit back and relax on some easy venues again! :D Can not wait until next year! Great job to Adam and Steve, and all the other participants! :yourock:

Congratulations to all the winners! Also, a huge thanks to Willem and mcwrestler for doing all the hard work!

This is always a fun event, as it traditionally announces "prime time" carp catching season! Thanks to CAG for continuing this annual Big 4 contest, and special thanks to Brad, Willem, and the sponsors for your hard work, organizational skills, and generosity!

Congratulations to Adam, Steve, Brian, Tom, Matt, and Austin for your accomplishments and thanks to all who participated!

It's just carp fishing, but it's an enjoyable diversion and a pleasant pastime. Have a great summer.--Frank

Alright, I have PM'd all the winners. If for some reason I missed you and just don't know it send me a PM, but I think I got everyone.

There are quite a few amazing fish in there! Call me very impressed. And I also love the fact that the young generation is doing so well, and giving quite a run for the money to the older anglers. Very cool.

Congrats to all winners & participants, plus a monster THANK YOU to Willem for all the results tracking work and to Brad for the overall coordination.

Congratulations to All the Winners !

Guest RebelCarp

congrats to everyone that competed, I thought for sure 150lbs was going to be 1st. Everyone got great fish, huge mirrors and even state records good job to everyone and looking forward to next year!

Congrats to all that submitted some lovely fish. Well done

Great fishing to be had (by others!).

Some awesome fishing this year! Congrats to everyone

Congrats to everyone! Great job on placing 1st Adam, you worked for it! Thanks to all who helped run the tourney too. I had a fun but disappointing month. The first week was good for me and then the rest of the month I had to deal with multiple rain storms turning the rivers to mud, car problems, and then the spawn. The first weekend was the best part of the month for me. It was great hanging out with some good friends, old and new, and seeing Mike land an unexpected near 50 grasser was definitely the highlight. Hopefully the weather and the fish will cooperate next year and I'll get my 60!

Always one of my favorite events! Great fishing by all!

Winners who already responded to me with your address, I will take care of it