Carp Anglers Group Forums
Mike Pike

Couple of hours...

Got all the weekend chores done and it left me with a couple of free hours this afternoon, so I packed the gear in the car and headed to the harbour.

It's been our first sunny and warm day in about a week, and the place was pretty busy with families, photographers and fishermen.

I didn't run into any other carp guys though so I just set up in my first spot by myself and enjoyed the sun and cool breeze off the lake. Nothing doing at this first location unfortunately so I decided to move everything in where the water was shallower and warmer, and try again.

Catapulted some maize out about 15 or 20 yards, then pitched out my bolt rig with several kernels on a hair. I didn't have to wait long and the bite alarm hinted of fish in the area with an occasional bleep every few minutes. One finally found my bait and I had a fun fight with this little fellow, who didn't get any bigger no matter how far I held out my arms for the photo. lol

post-6619-0-24425500-1370821642_thumb.jp

Part of the fun this afternoon was chatting with all the people who wandered over. Today I felt like gabbing so it was great passing the time with people I'd never met before.

One of the other bonuses was that there was always some there to take fish photos.. Here's another one that took my bait, just shy of 13lbs.

post-6619-0-35722100-1370821696_thumb.jp

With several drops and failed hook-ups, I ended up going 2 for 5 during my short 2 1/2 hour session.

Still waiting for this year's first real biggun but a satisfying few hours none the less.

post-6619-0-37684300-1370821593_thumb.jp

Great write up...It was a great day for carping..Well done!!

The worst day carping is better that the best day working. Good day and nice photos. Many people think of Canada as the land of ice and snow all year. Weather looked great. Are you going to try again? :huh:

The worst day carping is better that the best day working. Good day and nice photos. Many people think of Canada as the land of ice and snow all year. Weather looked great. Are you going to try again? :huh:

Come summer, our weather is probably just as nice as nice as yours in Tennessee, Skeet. We just don't have those endless hills and mountains quite like you guys. lol Purdy country down your way.

That place looks spectacular congrats on the fish

WTG! Second fish looks great!

Good to see you got out for a while. Nice carpies.

Oh, and Lorne, I remember what you said and checked out all that algae I was bringing in on my line and hook. And boy was it ever filled with tiny eggs. Hard to believe those big carp start from that! Anyhoo, they must be a real feast for all sorts of aquatic critters.

The carp are starting to getting frisky in the shallows now. Good luck on the biggun you seek, Mike.