Carp Anglers Group Forums
accordbw

How to make Forever Grits video

Ok since grits will only last around 6 hours I put out a video showing how to make them last forever. The thing is you can not add cream corn as this will make them go off. Once you are at the lake if you really want cream corn in the mix you can take some of this mix out and add in a separate bucket and add some in if you like. Flavoring I do at the lake so I can figure out what the fish want instead of making it in the original batch so I am not committed to one flavor unless you are very confident with your flavor.. Hope you enjoy it.

Thanks for sharing! One question......Is that mix PVA friendly?

Yes, it is pva friendly.

Thanks for sharing! One question......Is that mix PVA friendly?

If you are using it in pva I would probably add more quick grits though so when you compress your pva it doesn't overcompress and take longer than you want to break.

If you are using it in pva I would probably add more quick grits though so when you compress your pva it doesn't overcompress and take longer than you want to break.

Thanks, I like it & will give it a try. I like the " forever" part. Good way to always have something ready.

Using syrup with grits is like using Prisident Bush as main speaker at the Communist/progressive presidential nomination. It just doesn't do justice to either side. Syrup has its place, as does Grits.

Nice vidio m8.

On the Puff

Tom.

Very Nice INDEED!!!!!!!! Thank You!

HOPPY4

Guest RebelCarp

nice video!

I tried some grits the other week with some issues. I may try it again

Guest RebelCarp

Using syrup with grits is like using Prisident Bush as main speaker at the Communist/progressive presidential nomination. It just doesn't do justice to either side. Syrup has its place, as does Grits.

Nice vidio m8.

On the Puff

Tom.

Using syrup is thinking outside the box. Thank God Brian isn't a paylake nut and is open to using anything he wants. Not by the Paylake Law Book

Very nice video but have one question, What is the weoght of the box of instant grits. the instant grits i buy are different brand and dont know if the net weight is the same or not, Thanks again keep up the good work

Brilliant! I never got in experimenting with grits because I can't stand this idea of stuff going bad after a few hours, but you solved the problem in a very simple manner! Very cool, thanks for sharing.

I will definitely have to give this a try, Thanks for sharing!!

Thankd for snother video

No problem, plenty more to come as always.

Very Nice INDEED!!!!!!!! Thank You!

HOPPY4

Glad you enjoyed it!

nice video!

I tried some grits the other week with some issues. I may try it again

What issues did you have? Maybe I can lend a hand for you.

Using syrup is thinking outside the box. Thank God Brian isn't a paylake nut and is open to using anything he wants. Not by the Paylake Law Book

I am more of an option person. Living up north we have a hard time getting instant grits so having a forever mix helps things out. Even when I am 100% confident in the baits I use I often find myself experimenting with at least one rod because its always good to keep an open mind as an angler and to try new ideas and baits.

Very nice video but have one question, What is the weoght of the box of instant grits. the instant grits i buy are different brand and dont know if the net weight is the same or not, Thanks again keep up the good work

Instant is 18oz to 24oz quick. I did add one extra cup of instant to this video because I needed a slower break. I would play around with it a little bit because every box I use with the syrup you will have to adjust slightly to get it perfect. You are welcome, glad you liked it!

Brilliant! I never got in experimenting with grits because I can't stand this idea of stuff going bad after a few hours, but you solved the problem in a very simple manner! Very cool, thanks for sharing.

Cool Jerome! I have another video coming out for a river mix that locks up tight so even in heavy current it will still take time to break down. I try to find things that can make a bait more cost effective for those who want it to be that way also.

I will definitely have to give this a try, Thanks for sharing!!

You are welcome! I always share with others in hopes they catch more fish or just add something else to try out while out carp fishing.

Guest RebelCarp

What issues did you have? Maybe I can lend a hand for you.

It wasnt binding enough for me. That was the second time trying.

Could you get away just using regular grits with the corn syrup?

Going to the store in a bit. Ill try your way tomorrow

It wasnt binding enough for me. That was the second time trying.

Could you get away just using regular grits with the corn syrup?

If you have that problem again try this. No matter what recipe you see online product can change from box to box so it is best to take a little extra of each kind. In your case I would slowly sprinkle in maybe 1/4 cup more of instant and remix it and then do a test pack and drop it near the edge. I adjust the mix while fishing also. The longer the regular grits are out the dryer they become. If it binded up too much I add more quick to make it break fast. Also before you added the cream corn did you mix the instant and quick thoroughly together?

As far as the syrup grits you can not just do the quick because quick alone will not pack. Even in pva with no instant you won't get the popping effect as the bag explodes in the water. The pva would just dissolve and settle with only quick grits. Hope this helps.

Smart man.

Edited by kg1870

i Like My Pack To Stay Packed.. Good Video..