Carp Anglers Group Forums

Official 2013 DIXON FAMILY CARP DERBY thread!

Guest THE BIG WORM

Dixon, Illinois, the boyhood home of President Ronald Reagan and the current home of Larry Kirchner's Family Carp Derby, is calling for a forecast high of 82° on Saturday, August 24 and 85° on Sunday, August 25. Nice weather. Could be a haulfest, boys!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two Walmarts in my area have had their inventory of mesh laundry bags depleted, and the 14 "keep sacks" will be making their way to the carp-friendly Dixon Family Carp Derby this weekend. Looking forward to fishing the event and possibly catching a carp or two. The weather will be a little warmer than originally forecast, but it should still be fairly pleasant. Good luck to all!

Click here for Derby rules and details. Hope to see you there.

Trying to find one or two kind souls that want to help with being stewards this weekend if we need you. Let me know!

Supposed to stop later today and we have all Friday to let it settle.should be great fishing!

Guest THE BIG WORM

Trying to find one or two kind souls that want to help with being stewards this weekend if we need you. Let me know!

You could use your executive powers to just draft people....... :bigsmile:

you dont need to bring anything unless you want to. as for the address i dont think the pavillion has an address but the name of the park is Page Park. Its behind the high school. Route 2 (Lincoln Highway) then turn onto Chuck Vali Drive and take a right when you reach the river. The HQ is the pavillion. Thanks!!!

. The actual fishing schedule is 8am to 4pm Saturday August 24th, and 8am to 2pm August 25th, followed by the awarding of prizes at 2:30pm at the Page Park Pavillion.

Hunting season is just around the corner :icon_smoking:

Guest THE BIG WORM

Thanks Larry!!! We do a walk through about 7:00 so if you can make it about 6:30-7:00am that would be great ....people start lining up at 5:00.

Thanks Again

And we have landed!

Whooooooo hooooo see ya at 2am

Don't forget Mr. Kirchner's holding-a-honeyhole rule: "No one may camp out to hold a spot overnight." I guess that means you can't sleep after 2:00 a.m. :lol: Good luck. I'd like to see Boo repeat as boys' champion.

Guest THE BIG WORM

Out on the shores on the Might ROCK!!

We are set, the end lines are marked in Orange. Water levels are higher by a foot or so compared to last year.....and very very clear!

Everyone is very excited....the city, the loacls and even the stewards wha are here.......It's go time,

Make sure you understand the rules and understand this is a family derby and people will be closer than at other events, and just because I am a CAG member don't expect me to bend the rules for you.........

That said, come out and have fun!!!

Well we were thinking of a lemonade stand.....

Here is a couple photos of the prize table to include a st croix avid carp rod.

post-4564-0-59293100-1377356136_thumb.jp

post-4564-0-13973300-1377356180_thumb.jp

post-4564-0-95936800-1377356225_thumb.jp

post-4564-0-37451900-1377356273_thumb.jp