Carp Anglers Group Forums
Brian Pearcy

Wednesday Night Carp After Work

9567555540_676ddd1546_c.jpg

After two hours of silence I had two screaming runs back to back only to lose them both. The third time was the charm and this time I landed him.

I was using corn on a hair rig, with an oatmeal/cream corn pack bait.

Edited by Brian Pearcy

Nice fish! Ford produces when most other lakes won't. I have a wedding to go to in OCT and I plan on chasing some mirrors at Ford Lake while I'm in MI. I wish you continued success.

Nice looking Ford Lake fish Brian

Thanks for looking at my picture guys.

As you know I am new to carp fishing. I had some success out of the gate, but then went 3 or 4 sessions with no catches.

I've learned that patience is a virtue. I had nothing for 2 hours and then 3 serious runs in about 30 minutes time. I need to plan on at least 3 hour sessions to give me a better chance. It's like they got hungry all of the sudden :-)

One of the things that could up your success: search the carp out! You can spend hours waiting for carp to come to you, which can be unavoidable if swim choices are limited, or you can sit or walk around for an hour or so, looking for carp sign and fishing where they are. ;-)