Carp Anglers Group Forums
JIM DONLAN

More 2013 CCC Details maps and Info.

I have a few photos of the venue and the location of pertinent areas of interest.

The White River venue is located in Downtown Indianapolis IN. The Baitshop and Sportsman's Hall is located just across the street from the center of the venue. The venue is a one mile stretch of river which has a grass hill which goes down to a 5 ft. wide sidewalk. Below th e sidewalk you will see an angled concrete slope which goes down to a rocky shoreline. Many areas od the rocky shoreline are free of trees. Other areas have openings (apx 10-15 wide) cut out for a peg.

Many people fish from the elevated sidewalk, some go down and fish from the rocky shoreline. In most cases you will need to go down to the rocky shoreline to net your fish.

The grass hill is slighty steep. I would guess the distance down hill to be 50-60 ft.

The Bivvy town is located in a grass field that attches to the south side of the baitshop parking lot.

The Sportsman's Hall is located just behind the Baitshop on the westside.

As far as the gobies go I have never heard of any of them at this venue. There is the occasional snag. There is portions of the river where you cast across it. There are other areas that are nearly 200 yds. wide.

The depths will vary from 5 to 20 ft. depending upon the area. There is a deeper channel that runs throughout the entire venue. In some cases it will be close to the shoreline and in others you will need to get out far to reach it.

Fish will range from 3 to 15 lbs. With the occasional 20 plus, but they are far and few between. There are more and more mirrors pooping up throughout the venue over the last several years.

There are parking spots along the venue, plus parking at the store. There are also several business that allow parking for us across the street from the venue. In most cases I do not see you having to walk over 100 yds to your peg, plus the distance down the hill.

When the river is low there is not a lot of current. 1/2 to 1 oz will hold you. When the river gets up it can take up to 3-4 ozs. to hold you.

post-1622-0-12488600-1378233109.jpg

post-1622-0-37848000-1378233118.jpg

post-1622-0-98645400-1378233131.jpg

I hope those bushes are cut down before the CCC its going to make it hard to cast

There is at least a 15 foot wide area cleared out for each peg, no one should have any difficulties casting.

There is at least a 15 foot wide area cleared out for each peg, no one should have any difficulties casting.

You don't know Robert to good do you?

Looks like a great, convenient venue.

I look forward to Jim's famed hospitality!

:letsjam: CCC'S 20TH ANNIVERSARY :yes: :Banana:

Really looking forward to it!! Hope to see you all there!

I'm also looking forward to renewing acquaintances, making new ones, and having fun on the bank!

Jim, Thanks for the pictures and the added detail. That helps a lot. That only leaves a list of rules. I assume there is a list of them somewhere. # rods. # hooks per rod. Hook requirements (required and disallowed). Net handling. Whatever. I really don't want to come all set to fish and find out that I need to make adjustments. I want to be prepared.

Jim, Thanks for the pictures and the added detail. That helps a lot. That only leaves a list of rules. I assume there is a list of them somewhere. # rods. # hooks per rod. Hook requirements (required and disallowed). Net handling. Whatever. I really don't want to come all set to fish and find out that I need to make adjustments. I want to be prepared.

Being a CAG event, there are no treble hooks allowed. One hook per rod. No multi-hook rigs.

jimmy has posted rules.. they should be some wher in the thread.

I will be bringing my young son with me where would the nearest restroom be?

Ther will be 3 portable Outhouses located on the bank. There will be an outhouse above the hill centrally located. and the Baitshop will have a restroom.

Being a CAG event, there are no treble hooks allowed. One hook per rod. No multi-hook rigs.

I posted a set of rules that should answer a lot of your questions on this forum.