Carp Anglers Group Forums
Mario Kok

RIP Richard Somerville

Although we never met in person, we had many fruitful discussions when we were planning to fish the ATC together. Would have loved to share the bank with you bro. Rest in peace.

May his Soul have Peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only had the opportunity to meet Richard in person a couple of times but we chatted by phone many times and often for an hour or two at a time.

He was one of carp fishing's true free spirits and a hugely accomplished angler.

There are many wonderful tributes and stories to Richard by many who were lucky to know him better than myself.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/192306597584928/?ref=br_tf

Sorry to hear that news. Thoughts and prayers with the family.

God needed someone to partner up with for the ETC (Evangelical Team Championship) and Richard was the best qualified. RIP

RIP and prayers for his family.

this dude was one of the best people to party with in America! only met him maybe 5 times but felt like I knew him more through many emails. I miss him already but will never ever forget the all too brief times we met. he thought I was going to beat him up the first time, yet we ended up as mates! that says quite a bit. he has left a great legacy in my world but I am not sure about rest in peace!...not sure he would even like to do that. ...more like party on wherever I end up!

I thank him in his absence for being one of those people that seriously enhanced my life.... wherever he is now. if there is an after life....I want to be where he is at one day!

Edited by andrewdeeley

Here's a picture I took of Richard when we were fishing Lake Ray Hubbard here in Texas a couple of years ago. A really stand-up guy who didn't mind sharing fishing tips with a newbie.

post-7732-0-11960000-1382135569_thumb.jp