Carp Anglers Group Forums

WANTED: a lot of 30s...

Jerome

One year ago, early October, I went fishing the St Lawrence, and came back with a tongue-in-cheek story dubbed "Too many 30s... C'est la vie!". Fact is, I had caught quite a few 30s from a special swim and had a grand time fishing there all alone for a week. I was of course eager to do it again, although maybe I needed a nudge to do it.

The 'nudge' was provided by this youngster from Michigan, Brian D, who published a CAG forum report documenting (with all proof pics coming with it) that he caught no less than TWENTY 30s this year. Er... How many did he say? Twenty? Is that... Twice as many as I *ever* caught in the course of a year? Admittedly, his new Michigan record looks pretty good. But geez, when I started to seriously fish for carp in North America 10 years ago, this kid was still wearing diapers... (all right, maybe not, but close!).

To read the rest of the story, please follow this link...

Awesome write up Jerome, but you've been out of the loop just a tab. I was witness to Brian catching his 30th 30lber of the year this past Saturday :) You might want to just add some lemon to the extra salt I just threw your way...muhahahahah

On a serious note, thanks for the write up, I love your humor and those fish were beauties!!

Some people expressed doubts about my math... I wonder why... Anyhoo, here is more quick math for you...

So it appears that the smug-kid-in-diapers actually caught thirty 30s so far. That would be 900 pounds of 30s. Let's say that the average size was actually 32 pounds. That would be 960 pounds for you. Yup, Brian is pretty close to 1000 pounds of 30 pounders this year... Hm, I wonder if he'll make it. That would be something...

Stunning catches on your week long quest to catch the boy. That write up had me in tears excellent story Jerome. Now if only I could borrow some of your math formulas to explain to Brian that he's not kicking my behind so badly. :P

• 2 months later...