Carp Anglers Group Forums
FJR1

FFF 2014 - Post Sunrise, Snowcarp, Sandcarp Photos Here!

fff_2014_logo.jpg

This “FFF 2014 - Post Sunrise, Snowcarp, Sandcarp Photos Here!” thread is where you will post all of your photos of FFF 2014 sunrises and any snow or sand sculptures of carp that you may create.

The FFF Sunrise Award goes to every FFF 2014 registrant who submits a photograph of the first sunrise of the year. The primary intention of this category is to share some fabulous January 1 photos with fellow CAG anglers. In fact, if it’s too foggy, cloudy, snowy, or rainy, you can still take a picture at the approximate time of sunrise. The picture may or may not include a fish, but it has to include at least one fishing rod. Anyone submitting a sunrise picture earns an FFF 2014 Sunrise certificate. After all, you have to be out at sunrise with camera and carp gear for a photo (no small feat in itself).

The FFF Snowcarp or Sandcarp Award goes to every FFF 2014 registrant who creates and submits a photograph of a carp sculpted from snow or sand or dirt or a combination thereof. Anyone submitting a Snowcarp/Sandcarp picture of their creation earns an FFF 2014 Snowcarp/Sandcarp certificate.

1. You must be registered for FFF 2014 to enter a photo.

2. All who submit a photo on this thread will receive a special FFF 2014 Sunrise or Carp Sculpture certificate for download shortly after the conclusion of the event.

3. Weather on January 1 is not always conducive to a clear sunrise picture. If you can't see the sun, you may take a picture at the approximate time of sunrise and still be eligible for the Sunrise award.

4. The sunrise photo has to include some evidence that you are fishing (i.e., a fish, a rod, a pod, a reel, an angler, etc.). You are welcome, however, to also include fish, people, food, pods, vehicles, buildings, bridges, etc.

5. Simply submit a picture of your Snowcarp/Sandcarp creation to receive the Carp Sculpture Certificate.

6. Please type within each photo’s post the following caption information:
A. Your name (first and last).
B. The state/province where the photo was taken.
C. The venue or city where the photo was taken (This is optional if you want to maintain some secrecy about your venue.).

7. There are three ways to post a photo.
A - While creating your photo entry post, you can click on the “picture and frame” icon above the post window and paste the URL address of the photo.
B - You can usually copy and paste photos directly into your reply box from social media such as Facebook.
C - You can click on the “More Reply Options” box at the bottom of your reply box. This will take you to a reply screen that has an “Attach Files/Choose Files” button at the bottom. Click "Choose Files," and choose whatever photo you want to post from your computer files. (This option is fine, but it only allows those who are logged into the CAG forum to see your photos).

8. If you are having problems with the photo posting options, I will take your photo and caption information via e-mail and post the photo for you. However, you should know how to post photos on the forum, so please don’t abuse this option. E-mail me at fkrink@comcast.net or pm me. I'll need your e-mailed entries at least two hours before the January 6 deadline to allow me to process and post the pictures by 10:00 a.m.

9. Every and all sunrise/carp sculpture entries must be posted on this thread by 10:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (that’s 9 AM Central, 8 AM Mountain, 7 AM Pacific) on Monday, January 6, 2014.

Thank you. We look forward to some great sunrise and snowcap/sandcarp shots

I will provide a posting example as we get closer to January 1, 2014. Don't forget to register for FFF 2014 by 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, December 31, 2013. Registering much earlier than that, like right now, is always appreciated. Thanks.—Frank

Click here to register for FFF 2014.

Click here for FFF 2014 Detailed Rules.

Click here for a List of FFF 2014 Contest Categories and Prizes.

Click here for a Welcome to FFF 2014 and a Summary of Changes.

Click here for the thread in which to submit all FFF 2014 fishing entries/verification photos.

Click here for the thread in which to submit all FFF 2014 sunrise photos and snowcap/sandcarp entries.

Click here for the thread in which to submit all written summaries of your FFF 2014 experience.

Click here for the thread in which winners will be announced and certificates will be posted.

Haven't registered yet, but we just might hold a GA "FFF" at Ft Yargo. If my recent experience there is any indication, we should have a good shot at catching the SMALLEST carp on Jan 1st. :swimminfish:

Not sure when the official sunrise will be on Jan 1, but the park doesn't open until 7:00 AM, so we might have a problem with sunrise photos. Also, being here in GA, it's not too likely that we'll be doing any "snow sculptures" either (definitely not complaining, though).

:bigsmile:

Haven't registered yet, but we just might hold a GA "FFF" at Ft Yargo. If my recent experience there is any indication, we should have a good shot at catching the SMALLEST carp on Jan 1st. :swimminfish:

Not sure when the official sunrise will be on Jan 1, but the park doesn't open until 7:00 AM, so we might have a problem with sunrise photos. Also, being here in GA, it's not too likely that we'll be doing any "snow sculptures" either (definitely not complaining, though).

:bigsmile:

Barry--

1. Those small catches all add up.

2. Sunrise at Ft. Yargo will be at 7:40 a.m., so you're good to go.

3. Sandcarp or Mudcarp or Dirtcarp sculptures are also acceptable.

By the way, as promised, here's a posting example for the Sunrise Award. Please indicate your name, state or province of the sunrise, and the venue (optional if you want to keep it secret). Note that sunrise shots can be posted even if the sun isn't visible (too rainy, cloudy, snowy, etc.).

Sunrise photo entry - Sample

post-138-0-61450900-1326556856_thumb.jpg

Cory Bohmann

Illinois

DesPlaines River, Joliet, IL

Click here to register for FFF 2014.

Click here for FFF 2014 Detailed Rules.

Click here for a List of FFF 2014 Contest Categories and Prizes.

Click here for a Welcome to FFF 2014 and a Summary of Changes.

Click here for the thread in which to submit all FFF 2014 fishing entries/verification photos.

Click here for the thread in which to submit all FFF 2014 sunrise photos and snowcap/sandcarp entries.

Click here for the thread in which to submit all written summaries of your FFF 2014 experience.

Click here for the thread in which winners will be announced and certificates will be posted.

It was a beautiful morning to be alive in the great state of Texas.

pic4.jpg

Clayton Lothrop

Texas

North Lakes, Denton

With nearly constant snow and clouds, the only semblance of sunrise I could muster was a faint orange glow on the eastern horizon on 1/1/14. Shortly after that, the sky was a dreary gray. Keep them coming.

fff2014_sunrise_rink.jpg

Frank Rink
Illinois
Peg 1, Bicentennial Park, Joliet, Illinois

It was cloudy here in Georgia, too, this morning. I attached several shots. The first was taken about an hour after daylight and shows the sun "trying" to peek through the clouds. The other three were taken much earlier, at "daybreak" (which wasn't really "sunrise" because of the clouds).

Of the five CAG members who registered, only two of us, Deni Hodzic and myself, actually showed up to fish. But Tim Lewis drove over to visit with us for several hours, and Jim Fouts, the non-member who I was expecting, brought his wife and son to chat for a bit. Jim says that he and his son plan to join CAG this year.

Several catfish were landed (most of them by Deni after I left), but no carp were caught today. I did have one nice run, but I only managed to lose a small fish -- which I think was probably a contender for the "baby carp' award -- LOL. :swimminfish:

Happy New Year, and "tight lines" to everybody!

post-3328-0-49305400-1388636498_thumb.jp

post-3328-0-62999600-1388636526_thumb.jp

post-3328-0-96219000-1388636564_thumb.jp

post-3328-0-72990800-1388637013_thumb.jp

Edited by needmotime2fish

Beautifull day after a cold night at clearlake CA

FYI i just found the date stamp on my camera is 2 hrs fast, oops.hadnt adjusted it since blackfoot in june!

post-3157-0-15698900-1388671762_thumb.jp

post-3157-0-03563500-1388671798_thumb.jp

Wow! Wow! Wow! Outstanding sunrise shots here! Thank you, Clayton, Mark, Bob, Barry, and Mick! Your FFF 2014 sunrise certificates for potential download will be posted on the awards thread on 1/10/14/ Looking forward to more sunrise shots. --Frank

That shot with the mountains in the background was glorious. A real postcard swim.

I know it doesn't count, as there's no rod pod in the picture, but when you have the sunrise behind you you have to make do with what you have. My Reuben Heaton with the sunrise behind it. I was not about to wade waist-deep in the lake just to get my rod pod in the picture!

And for those of you who notice the pointer on the scale, I set it to read exactly zero with an empty, wet weigh sling. No math needed when weighing a fish. Hence the pointer reading a couple of pounds under zero.

post-7732-0-82314800-1388764908_thumb.jp

Very nice shots, Jeff and Carl. By the way, Carl, sunrise photo guidelines were revised this year. The shot only has to show evidence that there is fishing going on (angler, pod, rod, scale, mat, fish, or whatever). Your shot easily complies with that criterion.--Frank