Carp Anglers Group Forums
Ivelin

Here she is ! 54.4lb pure gold !

We all have our up's and downs in life. I would like to share one of the best up's in my carp angling experience. Few months back i got to exchange few messages with one of the biggest carp anglers in the world, Raphael Biagini. Not long after we had met and did some awesome fishing on the Long Island Sound. It really was not what we both wanted but did not have a choice. I had invited him to come carp fishing and share the bank with me when he was free. Two weeks ago we planned a two day session, with the help of Pawel our Polish friend and carp angler we got some gear together for Raphael. Time came, him and his girlfriend were all ready to catch some US carp. First day was pretty slow, we only managed on fish, which was in the low teen range. The plan was to bait up and show up the next day for more fishing and hope of the bigger chunks to come around. As Sunday morning approached i hit the road after work !! I showed up at the swim around 9:20am to find Ralph already in the water. He said " I have a feeling, today I'm fishing far out". As I sat down to have a smoke before i put my rods out, he had a little twitch, followed by a drop back and a slow run on his left rod. As he picked it up, turned over to me and said " Ivan, its a big fish" all sudden the fish found a snag, it was well over 110 yards out in the river. There was about 10 minutes of playing and pulling, thank god the reels had 20lb line on them. Finally the fish was out from the snag and slowly but surely was coming in. I was knees deep in the water with the net, waiting to see the fish. Not long after there were few rolls in the water and my legs started shaking from what I've just seen, the biggest fish in my life !!!!!! The excitement was overwhelming and the adrenaline was pumping in my veins. Putting the fish on the scale was a bit hard due to the weight lol, it hit at 54.4lb, the biggest fish recorded by a carp angler in the USA. He did it, broke another record. We did manage few other fish thru out the day, but nothing massive. Thanks to Pawel for coming out to witness the fish and weight it with his scale too, to make sure the weight was proper. I was having luck on Pineapple Ice Cream Boilies which are the new concept pop ups and Maize, oats with PIC spray, and some crushed up boilies.

Would like to thank everyone who participated in this great experience for me. It was a pleasure for me to meet such a great angler and share the bank with him !!!

Unfortunatly we cannot talk mch about baits and baiting tactics ;))) !!!

null_zpsdc8c3384.jpg

null_zps3bcdc842.jpg

now that's a fish !!!! well done gentlemen well done indeed !!!

:jumpy:

Dang! That is massive Job well done to you both on that special moment.

Magnificent carp! My scale only goes to 50 pounds. I'll have to get a bigger scale. Is that the largest carp caught in the US or by a carp angler, as you stated? Either way, that is a lot of fish.

Magnificent carp! My scale only goes to 50 pounds. I'll have to get a bigger scale. Is that the largest carp caught in the US or by a carp angler, as you stated? Either way, that is a lot of fish.

Like i Stated, biggest fish know to be caught modern way, carp angling, rod and reel, witnessed and released !!! I just dont want people to get me wrong !!

Not the biggest carp recorded in the US, but it doesn't matter.

It's a magnificent catch, bigger than any carp landed by a CAG member, and it's an absolutely incredible story. I believe it but I still can't believe it! :P

awesome fish congrats . as stated not the biggest recorded by hook and line 57.13 was caught by hook and line in the tidal basin in dc in the 80's and weighed on a certified scale . ( whether it was released or not don't know ) That aside again awesome fish !!!

Congratulations on a fantastic capture!

I'll go ahead and predict a North American 60 will be caught, and released, before 2016.

They're out there and some very good anglers are too!

30 miles down the road.......lol lol lol

WTG Guys....again big congrats !!!!

Massive fish! Congrats!

I'm fairly certain that its not a recapture of the Feb-2012 50-13...are there pictures of it facing the other direction to see if it's a recapture of the May-2012 53-12?

Chris

check the scale pattern towards the back midway and let me know ;)

Check also the V like shape almost like Nike logo on the gill plate and let me know what you think ;)

Matt pics are from different side..but as the same kinda mark on the chick....lol

What a lifetimes dream - come true. My sincerest congratulations. Brid.

A fish that dreams are made of for sure!!! :)

A huge congrats to all concerned!