Carp Anglers Group Forums

ACS

Guest Paul Swider

Guest Paul Swider

Hey, I was just wondering when ACS is going to start accepting members and opening the website so that I can blow more of my hard earned money :D

Wayne, Shawn, Dave.......can any of yall shed a little light on this for me?? :D

I know they have been accepting memberships for a short while now(i sent my fees in already)and im waiting on my membership packet to arrive....the on-line store should be up and running very soon.

Scott

Scott

I've seen the membership packet................. :D  :D  :D

$50 retail value.............. <_<

Eating Hay with the donkeys springs to mind............. :D  :D

I'm sure you will make good use of it............ :D  :D

BOROFC  :D

dude we all know you have a personal problem with the ACS guys...wich is beyond my understanding because they have never been anything but kewl to me and you...but by doing this you make your self look like a total ass...what else do you want they offerd to buy all of the stuff you bought from them back plus 50$ and you refused must not have been that bad <_< :D

Lonestar

As this is an open Forum, am I not allowed to express my opinion on a subject.....??????

I do not personnaly believe it is worth $50..............I am entitled to my opinion..... :D:D

I may not have the kiss a$$ relationship that you have but at least I am honest with my opinions........ :D

BOROFC :D

Guest len perdic

KOI,

What do you mean by "OUR LOGO ON EVERYTHING"...if you have the rights and patent for this logo then step forward...

Look people and fellow anglers, I have no interest in ACS, Wacker Baits, The Boilie Shop or any other ones that I have missed, but I'm a little tired of reading negative stuff about the people that are putting stuff on the line to make this sport grow. Of course that they have to make money and profit, that's why it's called business, but at the same time they try and provide the service that everyone always screams that we don't have enough of. In my personal opinion I do not think that it's COOL to attack or try to taint anyones business on a forum that is designed to help fellow anglers...if you have a beef on a personal note with any of these people then I suggest that you take it up with them PERSONALLY.

If someone wants a further explanation to my message they can PM and I will gladly explain in length why I was little upset at some of the negative posts...

Regards,

Len.

Here's a photo of the $50 pack.....................then you can make your own mind up.

1. top left is the "Free" certificate for the baiting system baiting needle, stringer needle, nut drill, in a little packet worth I think $6?

2. below is a Pot shots glug dip from solar $5

3. 2 ACS stickers $2 each=$4

4. Distance PVA bags $3

5. coated Hook length material similiar to snakebite $12

6. CSL pellets for a few PVA bags $1??

7. PVA nuggetsm.50 or a $1...who knows

8. packet of Hooks(similiar to nash fangs) $5

9. Embroiderd T-shirt $20...easy

Lonestar

The membership says $50 of tackle plus a shirt. ................ :D:D ....... Read your membership or go to the website.

Only posting what people have a right to know......... :D

Borofc :D

P.S 6 soluble packing nuggets don't add up to $1 and 2 stickers aren't tackle !!!!!.....unless you know of a way of catching fish with them............ :D:D:D

HI BoroFC,

I can see you problem. Don't say it is worth $50 if it isn't. OTOH, if you read all the fine print, you are very (or maybe too) critical.

I agree with Len though. I wish there were hundreds of Carp tackle suppliers. The more the better for us buyers: more choice, more avaiability and LOWER PRICES (You can play them all against each other!!!!). I LOVE CAPITALISM!!!!!!

CarpNiels

PS. One of the reasons I like the USA is exactly that point. In Holland the imported dictates the price and god help the retailer that sells below that. Here, capitalism rules!!!

Listen its not about being to critical its about being just shy of slanderous about a business that is in its infancy and is striving to give fellow carpers quality products and service and a decent price. This is not about ACS this is a personal problem that has been blown out of proportion and is now getting ugly and is just plain childish in nature.

I thought this whole thing was put to bed a while back and i can see that its now all about stirring up a hornets nest.

I am a small business owner and i know how difficult it is #1 to get up and running and # 2 how difficult it is to keep it going and # 3 how difficult it is to continue to improve upon what you have been successful at.

All points listed above are really difficult when you have a child, yes thats right boro, a man with a childs mentality constantly taking cheap shots at your business. Fer crying out loud stop it allready ,as i said once before it is old , boring and we dont want to hear your whining anymore. Didnt you yourself say you were done with this forum ?

Well take your own advice and be done with it or if you choose to stay and contribute which by the way i feel you have in the past , do so with the intellect of a man and not the behaviour of a child.

Guest phonebush

BOYS, Boys, boys,

Those of us who have been sucessful in business, first small, then medium (alas, never large) know and know well you cannot please everyone all the time. Now, nobody is going to change the opinion of borofc or anyone else. A part of the capitalist way is to accept critical opinion. Those of us who wish to agree or disagree only promote a stronger spine for the newbie.

I don't know the issues, perhaps they ARE personal. Nevertheless, a fundamental tennant of free enterprise is, "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen". I don't see the principles engaging in this thread and maybe borofc's critical comment will make ACS consider different materials - say appropriate to the level of the customer on a personal basis, maybe a merchandise gift certificate for the skilled angler - who knows(?). Personally, the T-shirt alone would be worth $50.00 to me because I like the association of Phone with ACS. I'd only wear it when I was around you lesser anglers and I would try to look pompus.

OTOH, it does appear borofc should consider a tad of anger management. I provide such a service, I know everything about everything you know. I know he is a good carp angler and we need knowledgable carp anglers in CAG. (It's lonely at the top)

Phone

All -

Let's think this through before it gets too out of hand. Yes, there has been a past history of hostility and personal animosity expressed here on the CAG forum between boro and the ACS guys. That has been dealt with separately a while back.

In this case, boro is making an observation about the goods or services he rec'd from ACS. Unless we've adopted a no criticism standard, then he's entitled to his opinion. Please notice that no body got called a crook or an idiot this time around. :D If the claim is $50 plus a T-shirt then perhaps he has a point. $50 worth of merchandise including a T-shirt is probably more accurate. Picky, perhaps.

As for the ACS logo, I believe Stewart McKenzie conceived and developed the carp sillouette with USA flag pattern. It was used for the T-shirts worn by the 6 people representing the USA in the World Carp Cup at Raduta a few years back. I suppose that from one perspective the six anglers which participated may have some sentimental equity in the logo. But, since Stewart and Dave developed it, I'd guess that as long as Stewart is ok with its use, there isn't really any big issue.

Regarding goods and services. I believe boro was offered a full refund plus $50 for the ACS tackle with which he was so displeased. For whatever reason, he opted not to take the refund and the $. I can only conclude that he believes he got good value for his money, else he would have jumped at the chance to get his money back which could have been used to purchase items elsewhere and more to his liking.

For the record, I must admit I count David Moore as a close personal friend. Perhaps my impartiality may be in question because of this. On the other hand, I would point out that the above message was meant to defend boro's right to express displeasure with a vendor while simultaneously giving my rational for disagreeing with him.

The forum has a long history of opinions both pro and con being expressed on various items of tackle. How many times have we heard Cabela's predators are great, followed shortly by someone else commenting Predators suck. I suppose it is more difficult to remain objective when persons we are familiar with have a stake in the products under discussion. None the less, if someone thinks the ACS packet is skimpy, or the pods wobble, then they are free to make such observations. Same with Wacker products or any other products. Odds are there will be others who express contrary favorable viewpoints. The tough part will be maintaining an objective discussion of the merits of the tackle or service. It is easy to take things personally. Before you know it, we're saying so and so is a blankety blank blanker, when what we really mean is, I'm not satisfied with such and such product or service. So, please be careful and stick to the merits or demerits of the tackle/bait/service at issue.

KOI,

What do you mean by "OUR LOGO ON EVERYTHING"...if you have the rights and patent for this logo then step forward...

Look people and fellow anglers, I have no interest in ACS, Wacker Baits, The Boilie Shop or any other ones that I have missed, but I'm a little tired of reading negative stuff about the people that are putting stuff on the line to make this sport grow. Of course that they have to make money and profit, that's why it's called business, but at the same time they try and provide the service that everyone always screams that we don't have enough of. In my personal opinion I do not think that it's COOL to attack or try to taint anyones business on a forum that is designed to help fellow anglers...if you have a beef on a personal note with any of these people then I suggest that you take it up with them PERSONALLY.

If someone wants a further explanation to my message they can PM and I will gladly explain in length why I was little upset at some of the negative posts...

Regards,

Len.

I'm tired of getting this PC Rambo stuff from the commercial community when I pull a face :D . Why should we end up bleeding profusely from our backs if we don't see things the way a few agressive people do??????? . Anyway I'm happy, off to the fishin, going to be a good time

:D

Lonestar

As this is an open Forum, am I not allowed to express my opinion on a subject.....??????

I do not personnaly believe it is worth $50..............I am entitled to my opinion..... :D  :D

I may not have the kiss a$$ relationship that you have but at least I am honest with my opinions........ :D

BOROFC  :D

And there was you saying you were the relaxed version Chris....and then come back on the forum starting up yet MORE trouble. To be honest, nobody cares and I wish you would bloody drop this thing.

RickyB

Ricky

You are entitled to your opinion the same as anybody else !!!!!!!............... :D

If you don't like what you read then don't read it...... :D:D ......as simple as that.

Would these people be jumping all over me if I had trouble with a product from my Local tackle shop in England..........I think you will find the answer to be NO.

Thats just my opinion.......(I think I'm allowed to say that)........... :D

BOROFC (The Chilled Version)................... :D

Aye the old if you don't like it, don't read it crap.

Problem is Chris that you claim to be the chilled out version and didn't want to post on here. Within a week of resuming posts you started the same old crap about the ACS that you did before. You are entitled to your opinion, but why you need to continue to air this opinion on the forum is confusing. We all know what your opinion is, so why continue to beat everyone over the head with it? You weren't the one who sent your money to the ACS, you didn't take that photograph. You are just starting trouble on someone else's account for no good reason. Normally I take your side Chris because I fish with you and like to call you a friend. However, on this setting I simply don't agree at all with what you are trying to do. I emplore you to drop this slagging off of the ACS. You have had a fallout with them, we all know that. They gave you your money back, we all know that. So please don't keep banging us over the head with your dislike of the ACS. They are trying to set up a buisness and we should encourage that. I have not wanted to send in my money to the ACS because I was unsure whether it was going to be worth it. However, I like Wayne and Sean and I have talked to Dave on the phone. They have all been pretty kind to me when I came to the Southwest, as have you, Karl and Nigel. Keith has also been there with offers of help, despite us having a misunderstanding about a trip to Arizona. Sure, we all get pissed off with each other from time to time and I am not immune to that. But at the end of the day we are members of a fishing organization and not the UN, so is it really important to go on and on about such things? I thought you were over this ACS thing when we fished together last week. I was happy for that. I'll admit I saw that photograph before you posted it and also wondered whether that was $50 worth of gear and wondered what I was going to get for my money. But you know what? Screw it, whether it is or isn't, I am going to join the ACS for a year to try it out. Your post has convinced me of that. I was debating not joining, because I wasn't sure, but I thank you for pointing out a reason I should. I don't know if the ACS is going to work, but I'm going to give it my support and see what happens. At the end of the day it is just fishing and I've wasted $45 on much more silly things in the past. I'll get my stuff, wear my T-shirt and go fishing. At the end of the day, that's what it's all about.

RickyB

Ricky

Good for you.........It's your money at the end of the day............... :D

Just don't wear the T Shirt when you come to stay.................... :D:D:D:D.....and take a chill pill...... :D:D:D

Chris :D

P.S Aren't Forums supposed to be informative......????.........or have they changed the rules....... :D:D

Chris,

I don't think I will be coming to stay until you drop this, although I have probably been uninvited now. I'll take a chill pill if you promise to take one too. Forums are informative, but we all know that wasn't the motivation behind that post. You know I would say all this to you in person too. Come on man...give it a rest on this topic.

RickyB