Carp Anglers Group Forums
ultralight carper

Looking for some alarms

Hi all,

I am looking to upgrade my alarms - I would really like to buy a set of 3 or 4 with a wireless remote. Robust and weatherproof is more important than gobs of functions. Any recommendations?

Also got out to a new spot on Watauga Lake over the holiday - here is the boy with a 17 lber.

Thanks!

post-2562-0-45314600-1386015370.jpg

What kind of price range are you looking to spend on a set? They really vary in price. Delkims are a great choice but for a set they are pricey. They do work flawless though as mine are a few years old and dunked in water a few times now. My friends are over 15 years old.

My delks are also around 10yrs old. I use a old X2 universal remote system also. I'm buying new ones next month and would sell them cheap if interested pm me.

I would say Delkim, but as Brian said they are definetly pricey. I would also take a look into the alarms Craig mentioned.

Have a look at BC Tackle. They have some excellent deals and sell most of the major bite alarms:

http://www.bigcarptackle.com/store/home.php?cat=253&sort=orderby&sort_direction=0&page=1

Personally, I can vouch for the Fox Micron Alarms and any of the Delkim models. I would pay a little more for a recognized brand as you really get what you pay for in regards to alarms. I have had some of the cheaper models and they just do not last and end up letting you down.

Good luck with your search.

Its interesting that every year different companies bring out new model alarms in an effort to challenge Delkim - after 20 years they still remain the #1 alarm.

I've just replaced my Delkims with new ones. They are the most reliable on the market & they will be around when all the others have gone. I'd say get some you wont be sorry!

I originally started out with a cheap set of 3 Bank Fishing System alarms with remote. Ran me about $125.00 and some change. I had bites indicated even with no rod sitting on them, the one with the yellow LED would beep I swear even after I took the battery out, and the odd-size batteries weren't easy to come by unless you were at a large box store. I quickly upgraded to Delkims and don't foresee ever needing anything else. Yes they are pricey, but when you divide it into how long they last, they're a bargain.

Its interesting that every year different companies bring out new model alarms in an effort to challenge Delkim - after 20 years they still remain the #1 alarm.

As much as i love nevs theres no getting away from this ;)