Carp Anglers Group Forums
Neil Stern

TIME TO TRASH & BASH--Participants of te 2014 ATC

Registrations are now closed,,,,,we have booked the event to its' max, and there a few angling teams that are in the wings waiting for someone to drop out

if you do drop out as a team, you fees are NOT refundable..but if another team takes your place and they pay, well ...we'll see about relaxing some rules :)

this is the thread where all y'all can have at it with each other,,,,we've got YANKEES, SOUTHERNERS, EAST & WEST COASTERS, and teams from the HEARTLAND all participating

we've got past Champs, champion wanna bees, fist time ATC ers, and participants that were responsible for discovering this one of a kind CARP SANCTUARY......

Keep it Civil, well as civil as y'all can, and this is about fishing,,,,not about peg draws, who registered and who couldn't register and the like :)

got a few details to clean up before I post about the itinerary but that's another thread :)

so let me start this little friendly war...

What the heck is the matter with you TEXANS, why did you let a couple of Kids from Michigan whip your arses??? you going to let that chit happen again ??? :(

I'm ordering the winner's award engraved with "Tipped Scales" as we speak...

yeah right !!!...word has it that your kid is going to whip your arse !

besides that TIPPED SCALES ??? what kinda name is that??? oh I see, it tips over in the wind coming outta yer mouth :)

How many ATCs have you fished again? Oh that's right... NONE!!!

no, that's incorrect,,,,have fished but one,,,was too busy doing the event,,,,,,but that's OK, I won't poison your wings at the Thursday social :)

My goodness, what are we coming to???? :huh: It's a good thing we are all friends or imagine what this thread would be like. :hammerhead: BTW, the ATC sounds like a lot of fun but not in the $$$$ budget. My wife wastes our money on things like food, clothing, dog food, and shelter. :angry2:

My goodness, what are we coming to???? :huh: It's a good thing we are all friends or imagine what this thread would be like. :hammerhead: BTW, the ATC sounds like a lot of fun but not in the $$$$ budget. My wife wastes our money on things like food, clothing, dog food, and shelter. :angry2:

I feel for you. My wife finds out I want to leave for a few days and she's packing my bags and putting money in my hands. It's got to be love. What else could it be?

CMM, just as long as she doesn't move and doesn't leave a forwarding address, you're OK.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen her in a couple of days...

Well I've never been to an "ATC". So far as I know, I've never fished with anyone who has. If I have they sure didn't feel as if they had to inform me they had done so, so I guess it isn't a big deal.

The Subject mentions trashing the participants and yet I see no names that will even acknowledge they have signed up.

But, let's get back to the "ATC". I've been on this forum for a few years, but (so far as I remember) it is simply the ATC. Is this some Texans who used to fish for All Texan Crappies and were only able to land carp? If this was some type of real important event I think it would have a name instead of some cockamamie letters like ATC.

I've noticed over the years they have same Hooters gals at the pre-tournament corn boil. (HINT: Get some Hooters gals with HOOTERS and under 50 years old.)

Then there is the matter of a corn boil. Am I the only one who has noticed the age of the participants has gotten older and have a habit of scrapping the kernels off before eating as their dentures keep coming loose?

I've noticed a lot of talk about which peg is better than so and so peg. Folks, get with the times. How about a map of the pegs showing which ones have free unsecured wi-fi or at least how many bars a participant can expect.

BTW 50+ age Hooter gals might not be outstanding eye candy at the corn boil, but if they were granted a free entry and a central peg they just might be a reason for more publicity, due to inappropriate attire, of course.

The best thing I can say about the ATC is that it is closely associated with Neil Stern. I hold no truth to the rumor that he acquired his nickname of scuba doc due to his underwater activities attaching large carp onto Texan participants during past events.

I've never talked much about my service, but I retired from active duty as a member of the Texas Army Nation Guard. I spent 8 years in San Antonio, so when I say that if the event were held on the River Walk those long poles made in China, shipped to the UK and then on to Canada and finally into the USA wouldn't be needed. A simple line on a tin can would suffice and a lot more folks might sign up to fish.

Lastly, if Franklin were provided an all expenses paid entry and teamed with the Hooters gals there would probably even been regional TV coverage.

Team Hoosirish need a bit of practice together before doing the Lake Fork tourney, so Austin is a great opportunity to blitz that, and still have the adrenaline flowing a week later. All 4 guns blazing folks -- we'll be cooking!!

OMG----Craig nailed it !!!

can't believe how accurate he is :)

and let's hear it for those OVER 50 Hooters girls :)post-710-0-22769700-1388839727_thumb.jpg

ATC Odds will become available coser to the date and when the final two slots are filled.

Bringing "HEAT" from Michigan ?? :) that's rich :)

From what I see on the Weather Channel, Michigan, and others, could use a bit of heat. Supposed to get down to zero Tuesday morning here.

There's definitely major talent in tournament angling in Michigan. If this was a betting sport, I'd bet my money on any one of the teams from Michigan for sure!

I've never talked much about my service, but I retired from active duty as a member of the Texas Army Nation Guard. I spent 8 years in San Antonio, so when I say that if the event were held on the River Walk those long poles made in China, shipped to the UK and then on to Canada and finally into the USA wouldn't be needed. A simple line on a tin can would suffice and a lot more folks might sign up to fish.

..they're legal, right?

..will be team VCarpers if you see these around lbl[town lake]

post-8509-0-41719500-1389029019.jpgpost-8509-0-97277600-1389029022_thumb.jp

yep,,,,,that will be OK long as there are no TREBLES or other such deals, I want to see you guys use them thar contraptions,,,,,,

HooseIrish have been doing a little experimenting recently, with a little success. We're just about ready -- NO sponsors -- NO special baits -- NO hype, other than my partner breaking his PB Common 3 times today, and I got a 'measly' 38+ buff. Bring it on!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/348477238499247/

The River Walk in San Antonio can be fished with just a long handle net. As for the Hooters Girls, they don't have anything that my wife doesn't have (except me).

The River Walk in San Antonio can be fished with just a long handle net. As for the Hooters Girls, they don't have anything that my wife doesn't have (except me).

and that's why the HOOTERS girls are lucky :)

the lake will be "HOT"... big buffs, , big carp, and perhaps a few grassers....... only a few weeks left,,,,,, ARE YOU READY ????

Keith will handle side pots,,,,in the past there have been a few nice money winners,,,,:)

Edited by Neil Stern

and that's why the HOOTERS girls are lucky :)

the lake will be "HOT"... big buffs, , big carp, and perhaps a few grassers....... only a few weeks left,,,,,, ARE YOU READY ????

Keith will handle side pots,,,,in the past there have been a few nice money winners,,,, :)

Personally, I'm getting takeout...

post-7732-0-02427200-1390314672.jpeg