Carp Anglers Group Forums
Neil Stern

2014 ATC PEG MAP

Please note, that these are the pegs the Committee has determined we will use,( and I can't thank Keith, and the rest of the Austin Carp Anglers for all their work on this ),,,,because of the DYNAMIC nature of the City of Austin, several pegs may NOT BE USED...

Directions to the pegs, will be in the envelopes drawn at the Peg Draw,,,,do your research,,,,,,, all pegs are good and very fish able :)

remember we draw FIRST to determine the order of the draw

then a team representative draws 2 pegs, has 10 seconds to determine which one they will fish, returns the unused peg to the bucket, goes to the peg table and gets the directions to the chosen peg,,,,

on the 2nd day, those drew first will draw last..same format,,,,,,yes there are more than 25 pegs, but only 25 teams,,,,,as a "NICE" jesture, the team that draws LAST on day one and two, will draw 3 pegs, and select one !! no looser here,, :) do your research,,,,,,may the best team win, :)

JPEG FORMAT

post-710-0-78773000-1390428189_thumb.jpg

click to enlarge, perhaps Willem can do some magic and make it clearer I'm not good at this puter chit :)

2014 Peg Map.pdf

Edited by Neil Stern

Thanks Guys we really appreciate the efforts of all concerned.

Thanks I never did get clarification on the "fishing halfway to the next peg". It means you can cast halfway to the next peg, but must stay within a reasonable distance of your designated peg. i.e. 20 yds each side? We've had a few interpret it the can walk half way to the next peg and fish if they wish. ;)

I understand most pegs - other than the new ones, but -- it's not very clear for those attending for the first time. Could do with a bit more accurate placings, and a cleaner map presentation.

Brid.....NO. open up the PDF version and enlarge it to your hearts content ! it is much larger and clearer...there will be a full blown map at the event.( which Carl is providing at his own expense and it is expensive to reproduce !)....that's all I've got, and not going to post all peg directions before the event, pr ask te ATC guiys to do any more work on this they have done an outstandiong job in getting these pegs and clearing most of them for the Anglers,

Dave --see clarification here http://www.carpanglersgroup.com/forum/index.php?/topic/52877-2014-atc-rules/

Edited by Neil Stern

Hi guys,

Is the peg maps available on Google Map? It looks so blur in the pdf file and I cannot read the peg numbers.

That would be a lot easier to have the peg Maps on Google Map so that the plan on how to get there from Google Maps will be lots more easier.

Thanks

Viet Carper

there will be detailed instructions in the packets to the pegs,,,,, these were created by the ACA guys/gals,,,,so there should be no problems,,,,,,I have no problems opening up the PDF file and increasing it to 150%

No worries Neil, quick question re 27 Betty & Jims is that the "ramp" between the High School ballparks on the east bank?

no betty and jims is just to the west of that "ramp", the jogging trail opens up and there is a cleared area along with a couple of benches.

Thanks August,,,,,,one of the new swims

Where its cemented half a circle 2 benches fished there before roomy.

who is Betty and jim?

OK got it.... closer to the Rowing center. Thanks August.

Carl who supplies many items for the event at NO CHARGE, such as the peg signs, score cards,scale cerification decals,stc. stc is working on a LARGE map with all the swims ( new & old) which will be mounted on an easel at the Thursday social, and each morning of the peg draw,,, My secretary is working on evelopes that will have DETAILED directions to each of the pegs, in COLOR both graphic & written,,,, You should have no problems getting there,,if you pull a peg that is near a meter, there sill be an all day meter pass given to you with the envelope,,( one car per team) all I could wangle from the city,,,

read up on last events, do your homework, all pegs are very capable of producung good fish,,,, just don't ecpect to get to a peg and have jump into your landing mat,,,,you got to work a little :)

Where its cemented half a circle 2 benches fished there before roomy.

who is Betty and jim?

There is a plaque there that mention the work was done in memory of Betty and Jim - thus the nickname

One car per team? Better be a panel van to carry gear & bait for 2 anglers! Seems at least one team member is paying parking? That's if there actually IS any parking within less than 1/4 mile of the swim? F=2k the City for being so mercenary.

not even going to comment on this post from Brid,,,,,I think just about everyone knows that Brid, will be Brid,,,,,and I'll let it stay at that :( but Brid, you really are starting to PISS ME OFF !!!

I had some additional comments on here but decided to remove them since it's a family forum :(

Edited by Neil Stern

Brid - why don't you just stop bitching and moaning about everything. A lot of people have put a lot of effort into the ATC (the same as every year) and don't need to hear your ungrateful bull####.

So you have to walk to some of the swims and parking is limited. The world has yet to become a perfect place where you can drive right up to your spot, park for free and not have to carry anything to go fishing.

My advice is just quit fishing if you are not having fun and it does not make you happy. Don't spread your disgruntled, pissed off and moaning demeanor on the rest of us.

Bottom line no one wants to hear your misery derived moaning - why do you think most people care not to fish with you any more.

Just shut the F up.

One parking place per team will do just fine thanks. It is just a day session not a 5 day stay bankside. Keith you nailed it :party0012icon:

Brid - why don't you just stop bitching and moaning about everything. A lot of people have put a lot of effort into the ATC (the same as every year) and don't need to hear your ungrateful bull####.

So you have to walk to some of the swims and parking is limited. The world has yet to become a perfect place where you can drive right up to your spot, park for free and not have to carry anything to go fishing.

My advice is just quit fishing if you are not having fun and it does not make you happy. Don't spread your disgruntled, pissed off and moaning demeanor on the rest of us.

Bottom line no one wants to hear your misery derived moaning - why do you think most people care not to fish with you any more.

Just shut the F up.

:jumpy:yeah that's what I was thinking :jumpy:

Edited by Neil Stern

At the top of every page it says, in part, "share with others and have fun.

How come only Keith and Neil are having fun with Brid?

atta boy, Sarge,,,,Chime in any time :)