Carp Anglers Group Forums

I have been watching the weather with the snow expected here in SE TN for the next couple of days. Running forward for the ten day forecast shows temps in the 50s for next week. I plan to start baiting Sunday afternoon and Monday afternoon and fishing Tuesday. I'll be fishing at the boat ramp in Calhoun, TN. If anyone would care to join me, send me a PM. It's just off Highway 11 on the north side of the river. Turn alongside Hardee's and take the first right past the RR overpass. Go to the end of the street and take a left (the only way you can go). The boat ramp is about 3/4 mile on the right. I have a grey Honda van.

Updating- we are having some snow and freezing rain today and possibly tomorrow. The mountains to the east are going to get slammed with up to a foot of snow. This affects the lake levels upstream from me. This in turn affects the flow on the Hiwassee. I'll keep an eye on the water conditions as our past snows brought the lake levels up with muddy conditions.

4 degrees on the way to work this morning here in New England. I have a feeling we will be talking about this 2014 winter for a long time.

The cold temps have been relentless.

On a positive note..... The days are definitely getting longer. It won't be long boys!!

Well, I measured 7-1/2 inches of snow on my deck this morning. Weather is warming a bit as snow is starting to fall of the trees and shrubs. However, this will lead to lousy water conditions. I'm going to forget about fishing for a while. I'll post another time on the event calendar so we can have an unofficial fish-in.