Carp Anglers Group Forums

ATC Tactics........

whiterockjesse

I always used 40-50# Power Pro at that venue with a 30 foot leader of 15# Berkley Big Game. Attached to the leader was 30 inches of 45# Leadcore then my hooklink...

If your a fan of braid then I highly highly recommend using a 10-30 foot leader of some sort of Mono...makes playing the fish much more enjoyable....

i always had one spool of braid and one spool of mono braid size same as andy with mono leader to.

mono i use 20lb on extra spools depending on area. of course bring extra method or pack ingredients depending what you throw in case you get a hot swim.

Jesse,

I know several people who use nothing but 12# line, and do fine.

I've used braid (30 - 40) and mono (12 - 20) and have felt comfortable with all of it...

yeah brian ,im one of those 12 lb line users with 50 lb power pro 20 ft leader but went ahead and spooled up with 18 lbs nash dtx cam mono . thats what im gonna take and if it gets rough maybe just re spool there with power pro 50 lb .....thanks guys ! see ya there ! good luck to all participating ! ... is it thursday yet ????????

Love PowerPro braid. My reels are spooled with 65# only because I couldn't find the big 1,500 yard bulk rolls in 40# at the time. I use the Vermillion Red color, which, according to Neil, is one of the first colors to disappear underwater.

12lb mono or 30lb braid is fine on Ladybird. If using braid add a 30lb nylon leader to give some stretch close in and protect the fish.

Posted from my mobile

thanks again guys for the input ... carl , i once found some clearance bin buys on that red power pro for 4.95 a spool (300 yrs) at dicks sporting goods at northpark ., you can bet i bought all the spools . i used it for carping and never had a problem getting bites with it .

Just be certain to have good line, the fish will be ready to give it the ol tug a roo,,,,:)

hey guys & Gals , this time next week we'll be at the PEG DRAW woo hoo :)