Carp Anglers Group Forums
Brookesy

The Art of Boilie Fishing

Being snowed in does have it's advantages!! I've finally gotten around to writing out a series of articles relating to boilie fishing.

Part 1 details the origins and basic types:

http://bigcarpnews.com/web/the-art-of-boilie-fishing-part-1-origins/

I know a lot of people on this forum are sceptical of boilies and some even claim they are useless but for the open minded this series of articles will detail:

1) Why and when boilies were developed

2) The basic types available (I haven't put anything about pop-ups/wafters in the first article as this will be covered in part 2)

3) Different ways to utilize boilies and how their application can lead to success

4) Home made recipes, basic boilie making techniques

I decided to write these articles because there is a lot of mis-information out there and also several CAG members have recently asked me for recipes and advice on buying ready made boilies. I have over 20 years experience making my own baits and using all manner of shop bought boilies so hopefully I can pass on some knowledge and if just one CAG member improves their own results I will be happy.

As a final note, I am not sponsored by any bait company so all of my opinions are exactly that...MINE. I have used boilies on multiple US waters over the past 5 years and over the last 2 years have almost used them exclusively. My results have proven to me that they not only work, but if used correctly they definitely help me target bigger fish, more consistently. Again, MY opinion. Enjoy :)

Yeah the Richworth tuti fruti were instant when they 1st ever came out, honey yucatan soon followed.

Great read Dean I'm looking forward to the next two. I'm in the process of trying to get my hands on a flour mill so I can grind up my own base mixes.

Dean...Thanks for posting this...very informative.

Thanks for all the kind comments. I have a feeling this may be more than 3 parts, as after planning out the next article the amount of information I want to include is more than I initially expected. I don't want to water it down so I'll stick to around 2000 word articles and if it takes 4 or 5 installments then so be it. Hopefully, they be enough information to benefit anyone who is currently using or wants to try boilies.

Great article. I think nash, richworth make great shelf life boilies that can rival some frozen boilies

I will never forget when I first met Andy Little he was fishing on my lake using richworth tuti fruti boilies he had a garbage can of boilies at the swim- when the charity event finished he was giving bait away- I got about 10 kilos of boiles. I was 11 years old:)

some good quality reading there !!!

thank you

now waiting for 3rd !!