Carp Anglers Group Forums
Brid

My last ATC

Well, the dust has partially settled on my last ATC, and I think we finished somewhere in the top ten - maybe the top five? Not too shabby, with the depth of the field. Don't know because I couldn't personally log into anything. Must be me at fault - not the administration. I've had some very momorable ATC's over the years I've fished it, made a whole lot of friends that I talk to regularly, and more poignantly -- learned a lot about the lake. I moved to Austin to be closer to this 'erstwhile' Trophy Carp Fishery, about 4 years ago, after fishing 2 or 3 ATC's as an 'out of stater'. I have a good few hours invested in the water, between spending a lot of time scouting/actually fishing, and have seen many huge changes, due to both environmental damage through floods, and the lack of 'policing' the numbers of fish removed by 'meat eaters' (from the only 'protected' carp fishery in Texas)

Tonight, I was delivered a poignant reminder of why I will not fish another ATC. In a very calculated banquet speech, it was purported that Ladybird Lake is perfectly fine, and anyone suggesting anything contrary must be --- pretty much me.

Thanks for eveything CAG -- I'm done.

Was good to see you again Brid. Glad you and Kenneth had some good numbers on the board.

You picked yourself a good partner that produced!!!

Now let's find the other 40's in the lake!

Was good to see you again Brid. Glad you and Kenneth had some good numbers on the board.You picked yourself a good partner that produced!!!Now let's find the other 40's in the lake!

THUMBS UP :)

Wish you luck in finding the fish that you seek, and hopefully take the only 50 out of that FANTASTIC LAKE ..