Carp Anglers Group Forums

Hello all! New to CAG. Finally got around to joining. Looking for the 2014 Texas schedule, tournaments and fish ins. Any help would be appreciated as im learning how to nav through the site. Very excited to finally be a part of all the great carp fisherman here who I often read about.

Welcome to the forum. We have a fish in coming this Saturday at trading house reservoir

Thanks to all. Probably wont be able to fish this Saturday due to work. Will begin the 2014 fish ins next month. Just greatful to be part of the group.

welcome ... for any answer please use search .. if you still cant find it .ask.

Yes sir. Been searching. Will continue to learn to navigate this site. Seems to be only a few events on the calendar for Texas this year. Thanks.

Welcome to CAG Joshua, glad to have you as a member.I'll try my best to keep you updated on the events as they come.

Thanks to all. Glad to be a member. Looking forward to the challenge and picking y'alls brains.

Welcome aboard Josh,

Lots of great folks in this club and in Texas. You'll have a great year! Please keep us all up to date with stories and pics.

Tight lines,

Andy

Texas CAG events? Please inform me?

I've gone to a couple since I've joined the group and have also missed some. We have them but don't remember you ever showing up to any. There all open invites

I've gone to a couple since I've joined the group and have also missed some. We have them but don't remember you ever showing up to any. There all open invites

Ignore Brid, he's talking chit again :)

It happens from time to time ;)

More frequently after 8PM

Joe and other State Chairs (and perhaps Willem?), it would be great if the calendar feature was more thoroughly used for fish-ins and other events...

'Major' events are generally there, but the 'minor' ones often are not.

If this is something that I can help out with, please let me know.

Most smaller sessions are short notice. We have everybody on FB (including Josh) and usually reach out to all to see who's available for what before we set dates.

Luckily, alot of the guys...neil stern and carl norris usually inform me of the short notice fish ins. Usually, I have to give a three weeks notice for work for the smaller fish ins. Of course the big ones I'm able to give plenty of notice to attend. As Willem said facebook is also a good way to communicate and find out when some of the smaller ones take place. That's what I do anyway. Just friend request some of the guys as they are more than willing to help out.

Again Josh, welcome to CAG. A better bunch of guys you'll never share the bank with.

I agree. So far my CAG experience has been awesome and much better than expected. You, Neil, Willem, Brian Wingard and some of the other guys have been extremely helpful. Even on facebook I've messaged guys for advise or tips and everyone has been awesome..I'm going to be a member for the long haul.