Carp Anglers Group Forums
Buckeye Bob

My 1st carp in 2014....

Sun was shining and had some free time from 3 pm - 7 pm today so loaded up and hit the bank; sure glad the ice is gone :)

post-4-0-52539200-1394971802_thumb.jpg

Water temp was in the 40's so gave WCB 4 Seasons a go....

post-4-0-07602200-1394971911_thumb.jpg

Nice and quiet and the wind had calmed down quite a bit from what it had been earlier..

post-4-0-55606800-1394972012_thumb.jpg

First two fish were channel cats...still waiting for that first carp in 2014

post-4-0-45999700-1394972102_thumb.jpg

Then right around 7pm...a very welcome sight...glad I went out. I think this is the 2d "selfie" I've ever done; have to get a newer camera...10 secs just ain't enough time LOL

post-4-0-17459600-1394972236_thumb.jpg

Here's to a great 2014...see ya on the bank.

Great lil mirror, what a great way to start the season

That open water looks inviting. Good job getting out & getting a stunning mirror for the 2014 start! NICE!

Very cute mirror, Bob.

I landed my first carp of the year today (and a few more during the same session), but none as pretty as yours.

Also, If you are serious about a new camera, I recommend the Canon PowerShot A2300. Great little camera for the money.

You can program the timer up to 20 seconds. Plenty of posing time. And it will take up to 5 shots in a row at the specified time.

I received mine for Christmas and i really like it. Easy to operate too. Check out the Canon web site and save more if you can get

a refurbished one. Don't let the word "refurbished" scare you. They are just like the new ones.

Thanks all. And thanks for the camera info Todd...I'm still considering a new one, I've had mine since 2001. :)

Beautiful mirror great fish for the first of the year.

Great start for sure.Ive got a cannon powershot too, you can set it to take up to 10 pics on the self timer so you dont have to mess with it and deal with a fish at the same time.You could probably get one for less than 150 now.

Thanks everyone...think I'll be looking at those cameras...don't like being in a rush handling fish, that's why I've never really messed with anything but mat shots in the past. That multiple shot on the timer sounds like just the trick to use and still be able to handle fish safely.

Pretty fish -- congrats on breaking the ice (pun intended) with your first carp of 2014.

I agree, from personal experience, 10 secs is NOT enough. I might take a look at that Canon camera, myself. I've been using a 5-year-old Kodak with a 10-second timer.

Thanks everyone...think I'll be looking at those cameras...don't like being in a rush handling fish, that's why I've never really messed with anything but mat shots in the past. That multiple shot on the timer sounds like just the trick to use and still be able to handle fish safely.

When you set it for 10 shots you can also set for up to 10 secs between each or less if your real quick, its kinda funny when you put the pics on the computer and go thru them quick you end up with a cartoon of yourself manipulating the fish.

Congrats to you on the first 2014 Capture!

HOPPY4

Bob, that is one nice mirror. I'm hoping to get one this year. Need to check where they hang out. Yes, ten seconds isn't a lot- the older you get, the more time you need.

Thanks guys. Broke down and replaced my 14 year old Olympus digital today with a Canon Powershot Elph 115 IS...it's self timer is still 10 seconds....but, takes 3 pictures, each every 10 secs. If I can't get it right in 30 seconds I've got no business picking fish up LOL. Good fishing all and thanks again.