Carp Anglers Group Forums
Buckeye Bob

3/21/2014 Ohio Session

Yesterday's/Last night's session went well. Final tally; 2 mirrors, 6 commons and 3 channel cats. Fished from 1:30 pm til 11:30 pm. Water temp still in the 40's but WCB 4 Seasons snowman rigs, Panko, and spray still did the trick. I think the winter took it's toll on the larger commons in this small lake. In the fall they were all bulked out...now they are appearing very skinny and acting lethargic, the mirrors are still very energetic though as are the smaller commons. Here's a 13.8 mirror and a smaller mirror. Also a pic of a longer common that winter seemed tough on vs the smaller common all energetic and healthy looking. Mirrors are a "special treat" for me as there just aren't that many in the waters I fish.

Traps are set...

post-4-0-28573700-1395508988_thumb.jpg

13.8 lb mirror

post-4-0-32229200-1395509946_thumb.jpg

Always a special treat..regardless of size

post-4-0-82881500-1395510050_thumb.jpg

Larger commons were very lethargic and skinny compared to how bulky they were last fall...the lake is rather shallow and this winter was colder than normal...

post-4-0-05518800-1395510182_thumb.jpg

The smaller commons however were very energetic and didn't appear under nourished...

post-4-0-79264200-1395511219_thumb.jpg

Good fishing all...see ya on the bank.

WOW! Those mirrors are awesome! Mirrors are rare here & when I do get one, it is a very special event.

Nice to see a fellow paratrooper do good!

Dang Bob! You're making me feel bad for not being able to get out!

By the time I get around to the banks the fish will already be filled to the brim with your baits haha

Good session

By the time I get around to the banks the fish will already be filled to the brim with your baits haha

LOL!!!! Not to worry...not chumming or putting any extra bait out at all...just panko packed around a couple boilies. Just fishing for a bite while the waters this cold. Now if you wait much longer......baiting stratagies will be different. :)

Good session

Thanks Zach...sure have enjoyed March after the Jan and Feb we had. Good fishing to ya.