Carp Anglers Group Forums

I'm moving back to TN in June from Denver, CO. Moving to the Monterey area. Wondering if any of you guys live nearby and if there are any decent carp spots nearby. Monterey Lake has cats... Wonder if there are any golden beauties in there..

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, guys.

Don't know about Monterey Lake but I recall seeing lots of gold below Center Hill Dam when they weren't generating.

Good news... Center Hill isn't too far from Monterey. I bet they're in the lake pretty heavy too. We will find out... I'll be moving there in June. If there are carp in there, I'll do my best to find em.

Thanks for the heads up.

Not a TON of public water around Monterey, but I'm going to try and get access to some private water as well.

Yep. Those look good. Here in Denver, I've got doubles in almost every pond within a 10 mile radius (probably 10-20 ponds) and Chatfield holds the catch and release record carp (Carpzilla) caught by the CAGs own John Finney.

Sucks to leave all this, but Tennessee is a beautiful state and holds my other passions as well. Large blue and Flathead catfish!

Get the TWRA fishing regulations booklet at any license agent and look at the various state records. We have some nice fish here in TN. Keep in touch with the forum as we should be having some fish-ins this summer or some of us get together for just for the heck of it.

Looks like the state record common is over 50 lbs. BRUISER!!!!

Brown trout record over 26... I have a feeling I'll find some fish to get into!

And as for the fish-ins and get togethers, I'm always up for that. I'll be on a pretty hectic 6 day a week work schedule though... Sundays being my only off days. I'm hoping Monterey Lake has some carp, as I'll be living 5 minutes from it. :)