Carp Anglers Group Forums
Guest RebelCarp

Black and White

Guest RebelCarp

Black and white was the difference between today and yesterday. Fished with Skammer yesterday pretty much all day with no beeps or fish to show. Today was rainy and yesterday was perfect blue skies and warm. I know that when the weather is bad, carp fishing is usually pretty good. So I fished the same spot as yesterday.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Got to the swim at 8:00 and setup.

post-6721-0-99586300-1398210425.png

I used 20mm boilies on one rod, artificals on the second rod, and a popup on the third. I usually go with straight boilies but I wanted to catch something today.

Two hours later I got a run! He fell to a artificial popup.

post-6721-0-70247500-1398210938_thumb.jp

Then some trout fishermen showed up across from me. As soon as they walked down I had a carp run almost to the other side of the swim.

post-6721-0-81697500-1398210709_thumb.jp

I then caught two more back to back. It almost felt like I was showing off for the walkers and the trout fisherman.

post-6721-0-18122100-1398210916_thumb.jp

post-6721-0-52085100-1398210890_thumb.jp

It was raining pretty good and I had a run on my 26mm rod. I ran over to it and got this 15lber. I was very surprised by how big this guys mouth was. There was also two older women making all types of oooooo's and ahhhhhh's when they saw this fish. They said it was beautiful and big. You don't hear that often from walkers :)

post-6721-0-82476800-1398210867_thumb.jp

After a few hours of some down time, I was in the process of recasting. As I was casting I saw my right rod tip bouncing. I casted the rod and went to clip my backlead on and almost fell into the lake. I finally got to the rod and starting fighting it. The line got wrapped around a branch but I was able to bring the branch to shore. Got the fish to the shoreline(also with the branch still attached) and I said "its only a small one"....................... then I saw groovy scales on it. " ITS MIRROR!: Then the fish didn't want to come to the net and finally I banked him. This is my favorite mirror so far.

post-6721-0-49003300-1398211435_thumb.jp

post-6721-0-47795900-1398211484_thumb.jp

Then ended the day with two more.

post-6721-0-02785200-1398211579_thumb.jp

post-6721-0-63530400-1398211601_thumb.jp

What a big difference in days!

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Ah, but there's a fallacy in your reasoning. Your technique and the location may be the same but the carp's behavior can be different so it's not a repetition of the same thing :icon_smoking::)

But great looking carp!

Dude what is with you and all the mirrors lately! Great stuff!!

That's crazy! After you & I spent 12 hrs there the day before without any action whatsoever it's amazing that you had such a great day with an awesome mirror thrown in to boot. I guess the cloudy, rainy day turned them on. Congrats.

I can tell you from years and years of experience that carp fishing is so much better in lousy weather. I've had some great days in driving rainstorms and even while fishing in tropical storms and a hurricane! No weather is too lousy to fish in.

Nice haul!

Wow - the head on that mirror looks humongous in comparison to it's body - looks like it belongs on a 30+..........maybe it'll fill out over the summer/fall?? :)

nice captures all around

Edited by KingKool

great fish

i've notice a lot lately no matter how big the bait doesn't make the difference in size of fish. if the fish is hungry no matter the size it'll get it.

You tried it again and Look What Happened!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!