Carp Anglers Group Forums
cubzzz

Broke my foot carp fishing - in cast for 8 weeks

I broke my foot carp fishing - yes this is a true story. I was showing Pete a new member (for California) who moved here from Pennsylvania how to catch carp in our lake in San Jose. Pete is a CAG member but had not fished California waters so I told him I would meet him at the lake. The carp bite was on big time. I had a carp on the line and it started to run up the lake so I followed it and I was watching the line and not the rocks and I broke my foot. I caught the 7 lbs carp and before I could get packed up to go to the doctors Pete got to reel in 2 carp on my other 2 poles. This was the best action I have ever had at this lake. Four carp in less than an hour. So in July I plan on going back to the lake and give it another try.

Jeff

It might have been great action, but why would you want to go back and try to again break your foot?

PeteW has been catching carp at a little lake but I think I will wait till I get my walking cast to try carp fishing again. The carp fishing I can live without for a few months but I miss the salmon fishing. I am going to Iowa in July so I hope I can find a nice place to fish that is close to a parking lot.

Jeff

I would have made up a more exciting story such as you had a HUGE carp on the landing mat, you then slipped and your foot found its way into the carps massive mouth. The carp then proceeded to clamp down, breaking your foot.

Thanks for taking me out and get well soon so we can go again.