Carp Anglers Group Forums
cubzzz

Brid's tall tell of the one that got away is true

Brid fished this little pond that belongs to the Santa Clara water district. I do some work with the water district and they just drained the little pond. Brid and other CAG members have caught carp over 40 lbs in this little pond. He told me he had a monster hooked one time that pulled his hook all over the lake and he could not even slow it down. I was thinking it was just another fish story but when they drained the lake they found a sturgeon over 100 lbs. So it was not a fish story but he did hook the biggest fish of his life but it was not a carp but a sturgeon. We have Sturgeon in the bay so someone must have stocked this little lake many year ago with a sturgeon. They stocked sturgeon in Lake Shasta many years ago and people do hook them but they just get spooled because not one uses big gear to catch trout , salmon, bass and catfish.

Jeff

Hey Jeff I was there with David while they were doing it. There is a lot more to the story but not forum approved;)

Incidentally my avatar pic is from that lake- it was one hell of a couple of days- something you would tell your grand children about;)