Carp Anglers Group Forums
Daniel

Michigan fish-in

Ok guys I have noticed that there is nothing going on here. No one planing on hosting any social fish-in. So I decided to step up, and I would like to host fish-in on July 12. My Ideas about the venue would be Ford lake, hydro park or Belle isle. If any one of you have any other venue in mind trow it up in here. Simple rules fishing starts at 8am-5 pm. No peg draw just come set up any where you want and fish. Any food ideas?

Don hydro park we wil need back leads, as the boat traffic can gets bad. Ford lake we will catch for sure. I think Belle isle we will catch a lot of fish, but I don't think people will go to this one. Just because it's in Detroit.

Depending on my work schedule brendan and i should be able to make it! if i can think of any other venues as well i will pitch in an idea

I will definitely go.

I have fished at Hydro Park a couple of times this year. I caught 3 or 4 fish. There is plenty of bank space and much of it is shaded. There has been significant current at various times this year though.

I fished at Ford Lake twice...blanked once and caught 11 the other time.

I am guessing that Belle Isle is a lot different now that it's a State Park, but I haven't fished there. I'd be willing to pre fish there if anyone wants to go with me sometime.

I'll bring a cooler of bottled water, Coke's, Dr. Peppers and Pepsi's.

Did you guys decide on a location? And Brian I started reading your blog a while back....would you mind a couple of noobies crashing your fish in . in attempt to begin to learn how to carp fish?

Hi Paul,

I am just seeing this post. Have you been fishing for carp at this point? Having any luck?