Carp Anglers Group Forums
basshunter125

Rouge river carp?

Noticed alot of carp in the lower rouge and surrounding waters. Tried to fish a local pond that ive seen a ton of carp in with no luck. Watched them swim in groups around my bait. What has worked for you guys as far as baits/rigs? They always seem to be surfacing when im out but I dont have the equipment to surface fish

All you need to surface fish is a hook and some bread if they are within casting range. Also, don't be afriad to chum up and fish even though they are surfacing. You can get em feeding if they are in the area.

All you need to surface fish is a hook and some bread if they are within casting range. Also, don't be afriad to chum up and fish even though they are surfacing. You can get em feeding if they are in the area.

Hmm ill have to give that a try then!

You might want to try You Tube and search for "how to tie a hair rig". That's what I did and I caught my first few carp with very little more than the knowledge I got from that video. Now I use flavored maize on a hair rig almost exclusively.

You might want to try You Tube and search for "how to tie a hair rig". That's what I did and I caught my first few carp with very little more than the knowledge I got from that video. Now I use flavored maize on a hair rig almost exclusively.

I have been using hair rigs with boilies however I want to try using corn. What brand/flavor would you suggest? And does it matter if its "floating corn" or not?

I have been using pineapple flavored maize from World Classic baits. I put on two pieces of Enterprise fake corn and two pieces of WCB pineapple maize. I also pack Panko flavored with cream corn and pineapple flavor from R & W carp juice around a 2 oz inline lead from Resistance Tackle.