Carp Anglers Group Forums

So long, it´s been a good run...

Mario Kok

Guys, this will be one of my final posts as VP and member of the BOD of CAG.

Four years ago I decided to team up with Andy and try and turn CAG around. We were deeply in the red figures, the printed NACA was bleeding us dry, many members had left and satisfaction was low. I see a different CAG now and I can't express enough thanks to all that made that happen; Andy, Neil, Willem, Brad and Dan were with us from the beginning and later Santosh and Ed joined as well. What an absolute honor it has been to work with you guys. True professionals, even though we are all volunteers. I wouldn't doubt a second to work with you in any business and I'm lucky enough to be able to consider you my friends. Great work also by the State Chairs who helped without personal interest to promote CAG and carpfishing.

A huge shout-out as well to Salvador Castanedo who has proven absolutely crucial in bringing back the NACA with his creative genius and tireless energy.

But most importantly it has been fantastic to meet CAG members in real life (oddly enough I never met any BOD member other than Santosh :blink: ), discuss with you online, and with many I spoke on the phone also, discussing baits and strategies. This is what really made it worth it.

Sadly enough the growth of my business doesn't allow me any more to continue my work with CAG. I have manufacturers, distributors, logistics providers, installers, architects and clients to deal with and with 500% growth this year, things have gotten a little out of hand. I think my family will be happy to see me a bit more also.

I will stay on as a CAG member of course and hopefully will find some time to fish as well. Salt water is luring me, but carp fishing will always keep a special place in my heart. So count on me for sharing some fishing adventures!

Good luck Bob and Iain! I'm sure you will make this CAG bigger and better.

Saludos!!!

Mario

post-1403-0-53849400-1405130043_thumb.jp

You really brought a lot to the table Mario and thank you for all of your hard work over the years. I am sure the family will enjoy spending more time with you. Good luck with everything!

Thanks guys. Andy, if you ever need anything, you know where to find me. ;)

Mario

Not so fast with this "salty" fishing lark. You know, some of us still aspire to catch a Mexi-carp sometime! ;)

Iain

Busy work, family, etc... Blah, blah, blah. Funny, he's finding time to go sea-fishing now. TRAITOR! :D

Jokes aside, many thanks for your generosity, expressed in so many different ways.

Oh, and Redcoat does blank in many (most?) venues besides Mexico, so don't feel bad about it... :lol:

Edited by Jerome

You will be missed. I hope to share a bank with you someday soon. CAG is a better place because of your efforts.

AF Bob