Carp Anglers Group Forums
Sparky423

New guy from Chattanooga

Dropping in to say hello to all of my Tennessee anglers!!! Was wondering if the bank from access road below the dam was a decent spot, I remember 10 years ago or so when I was young me and my grand father fished with a few fellows down there before the construction. Does the spot still produce good size carp? I need to give my creek honey holes a rest! Thanks very much in advance fellas!

Couldn't say about carp but if they are generating, the current is very swift. Tried fishing for stripers or whatever last year. The current carried the crankbait downstream before I could start retrieving it. Try Booker T. Washington State Park. I'm going to give it a try myself real soon. There is a grassy area that can be fished and is easy to net any gold you catch. I find it frustrating to have miles of shoreline but very few places to fish from the bank. Can you fish during the week? I'm retired and weekends are taken up with grandkid's sport activities.

Edit: There are some carpers in CHA; maybe they could chime here.

On 9/5/2014 at 10:39 PM, Sparky423 said:

Dropping in to say hello to all of my Tennessee anglers!!! Was wondering if the bank from access road below the dam was a decent spot, I remember 10 years ago or so when I was young me and my grand father fished with a few fellows down there before the construction. Does the spot still produce good size carp? I need to give my creek honey holes a rest! Thanks very much in advance fellas!

Yes that spot is good. I catch more carp there than anywhere. I'm sorry I didnt see this post sooner.