Carp Anglers Group Forums
Hawkeye

Visiting TN, Fairfield Glade/Crossville and looking for carp

Going on vacation with the wife in two weeks to celebrate our anniversary at Fairfield Glade and will be taking a day to chase some nearby carp. I am looking for a spot within an hours drive that has features like nice scenery and public restrooms to accomodate my non carper wife, getting a new PB is not the goal. I have been considering Watts Bar but am open to suggestions, there are a few lakes within Fairfield Glade but I have been unable to find any info on carp other that a few mentions of grass carp. How has the bite been at Watts Bar? Has anyone fished in the area? Open to any advice or suggestions so I would love to hear anyones feedback.

I got my PB common at Watts Bar this last spring. Haven't fished it since (shame on me). There is an area on the east side of the dam at the locks- a paved sidewalk that is good for setting up. The negative- no restrooms unless you make the trip to the picnic/beach area above the dam. No problem if there is no one around. :blush:

Just looked at the TN map- you will only be about 25-30 miles from Kingston. Fish from the park on the north side of the river just below the power plant or fish the south side at the boat ramp under the bridge or the jetty downstream from the boat ramp. Google Earth should give you the detail of streets, etc. to find your way around. Kingston is where Willem got me started fishing for carp about two years ago. Caught three carp totaling 34 lb.- 6-10, 10-14, 16-8.

Aren't the lakes at Fairfield Glade private- might not have any carp in them. Send me a PM about some specific dates and we'll see about getting together for sharing some bankside time. Retired so weekdays are the best- weekends are taken with grandkid's sports.

I live in Kingston. The tail water below Melton Hill Dam is another good spot when the generators are off and has restrooms, park area, campground, etc. You can get generation schedules from the TVA website. The carp are plentiful and you can watch them from the bank as they cruise the weeds. There are a lot of other accessible spots in the area, including new parks that may not yet be on the maps. One near the steam plant has fishing piers, picnic benches, bathrooms, etc. The water under the piers is shallow, but I don't know the carp situation yet. There's even a paved walking path and illuminated parking area. It's a really nice area. Shoot me a PM for details.