Carp Anglers Group Forums
Chance636

No luck at ford lake

Me and my girlfriend went to ford lake today around 530 to see if we could get some carp. Austin has been giving me lots of help so I wanted to try what I've learned, Seen some fish surfacing when we got there, a few jumping. Made my packbait and used some flavored Maize from k-1, had a few good laughs on the first few casts when my lead went one way and the bait flew off in another. had some fish surfacing around where I casted but no luck,

Sorry to hear it didn't go to well, were you eventually able to get the method to stay on the lead or no? It can be tricky when first learning how to make the stuff.

BTW i will be out at sterling after my classes on monday if you want to stop down and fish.

Yes I did get it to stick together, I didn't get a full batch made I still need to go shopping, but it's a way better method than using a sbomb! And I need to work on my casting I seen how far you throw yours lol. I think I'll be able to make it down there Monday.

Ford lake goes completely quiet sometimes. It's like carp completely dissappear. It doesn't happen all the time but it does. I noticed that in that time catfish starts eating. And I mean anything, corn, boilies, pop-ups, anything. It's weird