Carp Anglers Group Forums
(MI) Paul Cienciera

Holland / Kollen Park

I am making an impromptu half day trip to Holland on my way down to Illinois ( wont add that much time to my trip). I will only have 3-4 hrs to fish. I was Planning on fishing Kollen Park. Looks like I am gonna need to zip tie my alarms to the railing, any tips for fishing this venue would be appreciated.

I wanted to personally thanks Andy Sprikle for hooking me up with some great gear, it was great to meet you. Also wanted to thank Brian Pearcy for his blog which has lots great tips that are insightful. His tip on making sure your bolt rig is locked in led to me having my first very productive day at ford lake.

Thanks Paul. If you go over toward the Heinz factory side, you won't need to zip tie to the railing. There were some big fish caught over there earlier in the year.

I'm glad you had a productive day at Ford. I've found that when it's a hot bite, it's really hot this year.

Hey Paul,

When are you headed over there?

At the park to the far left is a small channel that faces the restaurant, that is excellent for short sessions and there are always resident carp. it also has soft bank for your bank sticks.

Give me a call if you need any tips or further info...