Carp Anglers Group Forums
Dylan R

First Carp

I have been targeting carp for a while now and just last week I thought I would give the Charles a try and I ended up with 8 carp 3 hours! I used k1 10mm pineapple boilies with a feeder packed with method mix. All the fish were between 8-17 lbs it was a blast! Looking forward to catch some more.

The Blackstone has carp all through the river and canal. Choose an area that gives easy access, unless you have a canoe. The canal section in Uxbridge (there is a visitor's center and parking lot) is easy enough. Plenty of water to go at and tactics do not need to be particularly advanced. The river is also good in that area, but the carp see a lot of pressure and they are not as easy to catch as they are in the canal.

Good luck.

Nice job, Dylan. Yes, this is indeed a good spot where you were fishing... ;-)

PS. I know this is really short notice, but check this thread: NEYC. It would be great to meet you there.

Great! Carp rule! :swimminfish: What was in your method mix, if I may ask? Your inquiry about other places to fish tell me that you are hooked. No pun intended.

Great! Carp rule! :swimminfish: What was in your method mix, if I may ask? Your inquiry about other places to fish tell me that you are hooked. No pun intended.

Thanks everyone! and my method mix consisted of oats, panko, creamed corn, and pineapple juice