Carp Anglers Group Forums
Chris Stewart

Trying my new gear

Hello all,

I finally have most of my euro gear in rods and such. I'm ready to get out this weekend and try things out, learn as I go. I have a few places in my list I might try. Does anyone have any advice on a good spot to setup a pod and rods? I'm looking for a good spot no more than 60 miles from Nashville with a good carp population.

Skammer- thank you for your service to our country! We were stationed there in '67.

Chris- congrats on the new gear/kit! Take lots of canned corn, throw half into the river and fish the rest. Set the reels on free spool and clicker or be prepared to watch 'em fly into the drink. Some river carp takes are scary intense, BAM! ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzt! Off they go!

Good luck!

PS- just looked at a map of Nashville. Yep, the TN river is where I'd be. Were I there I would set up shop on the Northside of the river below where Whites Creek dumps in.post-3642-0-48521700-1414728266_thumb.jp

Edited by fishhead

Good luck. Hope you can find a good place to fish. I live near Chattanooga. Lots of shoreline but very few places where one can fish from the bank.