Carp Anglers Group Forums

A Few More Sweet Koi!

Austin

So if you guys remember my last post about the koi water Brendan and I found this is a continuation after fishing it a couple times. We have determined that there are 8 carp in this 17 acre lake and they are all Koi. I had 3 of them on my first trip here, since then we have ended up catching 7 of the 8 now. I even recaught my orange mirror. Here are a few of the recent catches from the lake!

15lb+ orange mirror recapture

post-5636-0-68219800-1411243061_thumb.jp

13lb+ Pb koi for Brendan

post-5636-0-41585400-1411243106_thumb.jp

8lb+ Zip Linear Mirror Koi

post-5636-0-26032100-1411243171_thumb.jp

post-5636-0-09321600-1411243189_thumb.jp

7lb+ football for brendan

post-5636-0-16696500-1411243220.jpg

post-5636-0-16169300-1411243233_thumb.jp

Sweet Koi for Brian

post-5636-0-76992200-1411243257.jpg

Double pic

post-5636-0-74089600-1411243275_thumb.jp

Recaught=recycle. Beautiful fish. There was a show, River Monsters I think, that said certain colors and patterns of koi bring big bucks- around $20K or more. Be my luck to buy one and it be belly-up on the bottom of the aquarium, deader than easy credit.

These koi look old enough to breed. Maybe some baby koi are on the way?

I would hope so, I would love to see them breed. There is a good mix of males and females and the lake has a lot of good spawning grounds. Wish there were more in it currently, the only thing that makes them catchable with so little numbers of carp in the water is that they hug the shoreline so they are able to be stalked.

'Sweet' is the understatement of the year... What amazing beauties you caught here. And you found a way to land 7 out of the 8 kois you spotted? That was seriously good angling...

The only problem now will be to decide which one of those will be the fish of the month. Now that is a really tough question...

My favorite is the white one with the orange head and the bright red gills... Incredible fish!

'Sweet' is the understatement of the year... What amazing beauties you caught here. And you found a way to land 7 out of the 8 kois you spotted? That was seriously good angling...

The only problem now will be to decide which one of those will be the fish of the month. Now that is a really tough question...

My favorite is the white one with the orange head and the bright red gills... Incredible fish!

Thanks Jerome! The one last one that needs to get caught is a common with a black body but his head and fins are red, very cool looking fish but we only ever see him for a couple minutes if that when we fish. He comes and goes to frequently to catch.

Also I would love to see what kinda of weights some of these can get up to, because its only these 8 carp in 17 acres of clear deep water loaded with food. They already have good proportions on them.

That 2 step kohaku could be worth a fair bit- would love to see it from above. I miss my old koi pond bad-

Next one will be full of baby mirrors:) check out the UK carp angler Martin Clarke's baby mirror pond on facebook.

Is this the one you wanted to see from above? If so here is the only somewhat above shot we have of it. Will check that out!

post-5636-0-55910700-1412014345_thumb.jp